Terminating Service before contract date expires

Contributor

Terminating Service before contract date expires

Does anyone know what the financial hit is when terminating contract before it expires.  Mine expires in Sept of 2012.  If I terminate now, what is cost per month not used.  Example, $20 per month, thus I would owe $100 for the five months remaining??  Appreciate an answer if anyone has this.  Thanks a bunch.

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Terminating Service before contract date expires

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you want to cancel your service. Smiley Sad

The Early Termination fee if you have a smartphone is $325 minus $10 for each month completed. So for instance, you wish to cancel service today, $325-$190 (19 months completed) = $135 ETF.

Your final bill will not be prorated, so it would be; Plan cost+ ETF + taxes = final bill.

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I am in my trial period days I think its like 18 days once I recieve the phone in the mail. Well I recieved it but only opened the box to take out the return lable. I sent it right back but now I am having so much trouble getting the customer service representatives when I call to terminate/cancel the service. I know the phone has been recieved at Att but yet no one wants to help me. Is the company trying to make me pass the trial period date so I have to pay money for a phone and contract I already told ATT I did not want and was returning. Can someone form ATT who is helpful help me terminate my contract that I am not obligated to stay in since I just got the contract? I have called over and over again but the service representatives leave me on hold for 30 minutes to an hour all the time and say I will be right back but never come back to help me further after the 1 hour mark.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@online44 

You have only 14 days to cancel a contract and return a phone.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I have to cancel my service due to personal reasons .My  start date was 05/19/2016 and I used

my own phone. Phone number is 208-614-8858. It is 14 days as of today.

Irving Egnal

Account #11100028009. 

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

@Nampal81

This is a user helping user forum and your post here will not get any results. This is a public forum. Posting of personal information will be deleted by a forum moderator.

To cancel your service, you need to call AT&T - 611 from your phone.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support