Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 17, 2012
3:21:54 PM
View profile
Temporarily suspend or Restore my Service
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:07:21 PM

Hi i am on a 2 year contract mobile share plan with one of my friend. And i will be going overseas for 2 months. Is it possible to suspend my at and t plan for 2 months and how much would my friend be charged when I'm gone?

Hi i am on a 2 year contract mobile share plan with one of my friend. And i will be going overseas for 2 months. Is it possible to suspend my at and t plan for 2 months and how much would my friend be charged when I'm gone?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 18, 2012 12:16:43 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by ATTMobilityCare on Mar 9, 2016 at 4:25:06 PM

Hi @ozyozy, thanks so much for your question.

All the information you need is listed below for you. However there is no price difference for when your line is active or suspended, with a suspension you just can not use the phone.

Direct link to suspend wireless service

Voluntary service suspensions

To suspend or reinstate service on a voluntary basis:

1. Log in to your myAT&T online account. (If you don't have a myAT&T login, create a user account now.)
  2. Select the myAT&T tab at the top of the page.
  3. Hover over the Wireless link and select Suspend/Reactivate.
  4. Next to the appropriate phone, select one of the following:
    • Select a reason from the drop-down list and then select Suspend.
    • Select Reactivate.
  5. Select Confirm to suspend or reactivate your wireless service.
Important Note

If you previously reported your device lost or stolen, the Status of your device will display as Lost & Suspended.

Rollover Minutes for voluntary suspensions

• You will lose any accumulated Rollover Minutes if your account remains in a suspended or canceled status for 60 days or more. The Current Rollover Balance on the account will expire and can't be reinstated for suspended or canceled accounts after 60 days. If you reactivate your service within 59 days, the Current Rollover Balance will remain on the account and become available for use.
  • During this 60-day period, your account will not accumulate any additional Rollover Minutes. Your Current Rollover Balance will continue to age while your account is suspended or canceled, therefore any minuets that aren't used within 12 billing periods will expire.

Information Source

If you are still in need of assistance after reading the above instructions, please send us a private message.

Accepted Solution

Temporarily suspend or Restore my Service

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 18, 2012 12:16:43 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by ATTMobilityCare on Mar 9, 2016 at 4:25:06 PM

All the information you need is listed below for you. However there is no price difference for when your line is active or suspended, with a suspension you just can not use the phone.

1. Log in to your myAT&T online account. (If you don't have a myAT&T login, create a user account now.)
    • Select Reactivate.
Important Note

If you previously reported your device lost or stolen, the Status of your device will display as Lost & Suspended.

• You will lose any accumulated Rollover Minutes if your account remains in a suspended or canceled status for 60 days or more. The Current Rollover Balance on the account will expire and can't be reinstated for suspended or canceled accounts after 60 days. If you reactivate your service within 59 days, the Current Rollover Balance will remain on the account and become available for use.
  • During this 60-day period, your account will not accumulate any additional Rollover Minutes. Your Current Rollover Balance will continue to age while your account is suspended or canceled, therefore any minuets that aren't used within 12 billing periods will expire.

Information Source

If you are still in need of assistance after reading the above instructions, please send us a private message.

• Select Reactivate.
Important Note

Information Source

Re: Temporarily suspend or restore my service

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (94,472 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2016 12:34:06 AM
(0)
Contributor
How do I temporarily disable or turn off my sons phone on my account ?
How do I temporarily disable or turn off my sons phone on my account ?

Re: Temporarily suspend or restore my service

3 of 3 (7,309 Views)