Need help understanding your bill?
ozyozy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 11:21 PM

How to unsuspend & restore my AT&T account

Hi i am on a 2 year contract mobile share plan with one of my friend. And i will be going overseas for 2 months. Is it possible to suspend my at and t plan for 2 months and how much would my friend be charged when I'm gone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

Hi @ozyozy, thanks so much for your question.

All the information you need is listed below for you. However there is no price difference for when your line is active or suspended, with a suspension you just can not use the phone.

How do I suspend my service or block my device?

1. Go to http://www.att.com/suspend.
  2. Under the desired device, select Suspend device and choose a reason.
  3. Do one of the following:
  • Confirm you want to suspend service.
  • If you chose It was stolen, follow the prompts to suspend service and block your device.

How do I restore my service?

1. Go to Account overview > My wireless.
  2. Scroll and select the device you want to unsuspend > Manage device & features.
  3. If prompted, select See device options.
  4. Next to the suspended device, select Reactivate.
  5. Follow the prompts to reactivate service on your device.

Stolen phone or device

• If the suspended device is also blocked, the person whose name is on the bill needs to contact us to remove the block.
  • If you’re outside of the AT&T network, it may take up to 24 hours for the device to be unblocked.

If you are still in need of assistance after reading the above instructions, please refer to https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1046747 for additional help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How do I temporarily disable or turn off my sons phone on my account ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Does this work for go phones or is there another method?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

What does it mean as far as the bill when a phone in the family plan is suspended... as far as saving money...anything??   Plus is there a charge to do it and also to reactivate it??? Must it be suspended for a minimum amount of time   and a   maximum time.? thank you kindly, Natalie

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@ladynatalie  

There is no change in billing.

Suspension only disables the SIM card.  

There is no fee to reactivate, both suspension and readtivation can be done online, in My ATT.

There is no minimum.  I beleive the maximum is 90 days, afterwhich the line is automatically reactivated.  

Typically suspension is for a lost or stolen phone.  The expectation is customers will have replaced the phone within 3 months.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

thanks... SO I am trying to save money for next month and thought if I suspend my phone I can save a little... can I?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

thanks... SO I am trying to save money for next month and thought if I suspend my phone I can save a little... can I?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same question.  Heading out of the country and was wondering if stopping AutoPay on my two GoPhone lines will achieve the desired effect of saving dollars

Former Employee

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

As far as GoPhones go and saving money. Suspending the line will keep the billing the same but the line cannot be used. With GoPhones the lines can't be suspended but as long as you have money on the account it will stay active and you can change the plan to $2 a day. it doesn't charge you as long as you don't use it.

If your GoPhone account is at $0 for 60 days the account will automatically close. As long as there is money on the account it won't close.

We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I want to unsuspent my other fone so I can reactivate it, 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.