Need help understanding your bill?
Addison's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 1:54 AM

Taxes on bill

I don't understand why we are being charged Louisiana taxes on our bill when we live in texas. Is it because our phone numbers are LA?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Addison Each line has it's own setting for where it's used the most, independent of the billing.

Log in and go to this profile page https://www.att.com/olam/profile.olamexecute?actionEvent=redirectToUserInfo and scroll down to Place of primary use and check it for each line.  Your 991 addresses are in there too.

On average, you probably have much lower taxes than you should http://www.actwireless.org/taxes-and-fees/state-tax-rankings/

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@cberg23 FOUND IT.

On a desktop:

• I logged into att.com
  • Clicked on my name at the top (on the right side of the screen).
  • Clicked "view profile"
  • Clicked "contact info"
  • Clicked the "address" tab
  • Scroll down to "Place of primary use" and you can change the address for each line.

(Below that is the "911 address" for lines that have enabled WiFi calling.)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Addison You can set in your account where you live (which can be different from your billing address).

They might be cheaper there...

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

We have our address set up for TX. Been like this for 3 years and we are still being taxed as if we are still in Louisiana. I was told by one agent tonight that I have to contact my local government for this answer. And I do not see why I have to contact the government to get an answer that my phone provider should have since they are the ones making my bill.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you Mr. LaPointe!! You have been extremely helpful!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My place of primary use is the same on all 4 lines and government sales taxes are different for 3 of the 4 lines.

Any other thoughts?  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@cberg23 wrote:

My place of primary use is the same on all 4 lines and government sales taxes are different for 3 of the 4 lines.

Any other thoughts?  

You should be able to log into your account and change the address for the primary place of use (I believe this is different than the 911 address).

I've done this before and I'm digging around at att.com but I can't find PPU for you, sorry...

PPU = Place of Primary Use.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.