Taxes & fees on Mobile Share Plan

Taxes & fees on Mobile Share Plan

Can anyone on the Mobile Share value plan comment on how much taxes and fees add to their monthly bill?

I know it depends where you live, but I'm trying to get at least a foggy idea of what the range would be. The ATT website does not disclose how much it would be.

Message 1 of 13 (12,413 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Taxes & fees on Mobile Share Plan

harryspar wrote:

Can anyone on the Mobile Share value plan comment on how much taxes and fees add to their monthly bill?

I know it depends where you live, but I'm trying to get at least a foggy idea of what the range would be. The ATT website does not disclose how much it would be.

would be the same as on a family plan since outside of taxes all the base charges are on the primary number, you can go here and get an idea

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/additionalcharges/changeZip.jsp

Message 2 of 13 (12,398 Views)

Nice. Thanks!
Message 3 of 13 (12,386 Views)
Expert

harryspar wrote:
Nice. Thanks!

at least att has that feature available, looked for it on my verizon and sprint accounts and nothing like it exists

Message 4 of 13 (12,347 Views)

Maybe it's better that way. I ran the numbers on the site and then called 611 and asked the CSR, and the site underestimated by 35% .
Message 5 of 13 (12,306 Views)
Expert

harryspar wrote:
Maybe it's better that way. I ran the numbers on the site and then called 611 and asked the CSR, and the site underestimated by 35% .

that only shows the att charges, it does not show federal tax, state tax, local tax, muncipality taxes or any other taxes that are added outside of those.

Message 6 of 13 (12,284 Views)

That explains it!

Message 7 of 13 (12,248 Views)
Contributor

We just got a bill, and from what I can understand of it, it seems like all the taxes and fees add about $30 to the bill.  If you actually want to have a phone you can use, there is an extra monthly fee for that.  Plus, I yawned the other day while I was talking on the phone, and I think that costs ya another $10.  They get you coming and going.

Message 8 of 13 (10,164 Views)
Employee

It depends on if data is a taxable service in your area. If not, you get taxed about 3-5$ per line. If data is taxable, it will be a little more (another 5-10$) on the primary line.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 13 (10,097 Views)
Scholar

I have two lines on my mobile share account and I pay $9.48 ($4.74 each line) for fees and taxes. I guess it's not too bad in my state.

Message 10 of 13 (10,058 Views)
Tutor

I recently switched from an old plan that had five lines.   I was paying a monthly charge of $241.26 per month and taxes/fees on that was $31.89.  With my new mobile share plan with the same five lines, I am only paying $208 per month, but now my taxes/fees have increased to $46.79.  As you can see, the taxes/fees INCREASED even though my monthly plan DECREASED.  Makes no sense, but the mobile share plans must incur much higher fees/taxes than the old plans. 

Message 11 of 13 (3,554 Views)
Contributor

I was just told by an at&t csr that the federal AND state taxes go to the state. I have fed tax, fed tax telecom. Then state tax statd tax telecom. Good luck getting through to someone who knows.
Message 12 of 13 (2,747 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

It just depends on how that tax is applied to what parts of the bill.  They might tax the plan and not the lines or not the data (and now your data cost is the plan cost).

So your old plan might have been a $90 plan with a bunch of lines at $10 with seperate data plans $20-$50.  Now you're a $130 plan with $15 lines.  

1. If they were taxing the $90 part and now that's the $130 part, again you'd be paying more. 
  2. If they were taxing the $10 and now they're taxing the $15 parts, you'd be paying 50% more.
  3. Or if it's a combo of the two...?

(I'm not saying it's a fact) I'm just offering 3 possible scenarios that do make a little bit of sense.

[The (very) fine print:
When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution".
This helps other people to find an answer more quickly. This is the AT&T community forum (not AT&T support). Please keep in mind that just because my answer doesn't solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...]
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 13 (2,713 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.