Need help understanding your bill?
harryspar's profile

Guru

• 

552 Messages

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 10:33 PM

Taxes & fees on Mobile Share Plan

Can anyone on the Mobile Share value plan comment on how much taxes and fees add to their monthly bill?

I know it depends where you live, but I'm trying to get at least a foggy idea of what the range would be. The ATT website does not disclose how much it would be.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was just told by an at&t csr that the federal AND state taxes go to the state. I have fed tax, fed tax telecom. Then state tax statd tax telecom. Good luck getting through to someone who knows.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

It just depends on how that tax is applied to what parts of the bill.  They might tax the plan and not the lines or not the data (and now your data cost is the plan cost).

So your old plan might have been a $90 plan with a bunch of lines at $10 with seperate data plans $20-$50.  Now you're a $130 plan with $15 lines.  

1. If they were taxing the $90 part and now that's the $130 part, again you'd be paying more. 
  2. If they were taxing the $10 and now they're taxing the $15 parts, you'd be paying 50% more.
  3. Or if it's a combo of the two...?

(I'm not saying it's a fact) I'm just offering 3 possible scenarios that do make a little bit of sense.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.