Need help understanding your bill?
harryspar's profile

Guru

• 

552 Messages

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 10:33 PM

Taxes & fees on Mobile Share Plan

Can anyone on the Mobile Share value plan comment on how much taxes and fees add to their monthly bill?

I know it depends where you live, but I'm trying to get at least a foggy idea of what the range would be. The ATT website does not disclose how much it would be.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@harryspar wrote:

Can anyone on the Mobile Share value plan comment on how much taxes and fees add to their monthly bill?

I know it depends where you live, but I'm trying to get at least a foggy idea of what the range would be. The ATT website does not disclose how much it would be.

would be the same as on a family plan since outside of taxes all the base charges are on the primary number, you can go here and get an idea

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/additionalcharges/changeZip.jsp

Guru

• 

552 Messages

10 years ago

Nice. Thanks!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@harryspar wrote:
Nice. Thanks!

at least att has that feature available, looked for it on my verizon and sprint accounts and nothing like it exists

Guru

• 

552 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe it's better that way. I ran the numbers on the site and then called 611 and asked the CSR, and the site underestimated by 35% .

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@harryspar wrote:
Maybe it's better that way. I ran the numbers on the site and then called 611 and asked the CSR, and the site underestimated by 35% .

that only shows the att charges, it does not show federal tax, state tax, local tax, muncipality taxes or any other taxes that are added outside of those.

Guru

• 

552 Messages

10 years ago

That explains it!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We just got a bill, and from what I can understand of it, it seems like all the taxes and fees add about $30 to the bill.  If you actually want to have a phone you can use, there is an extra monthly fee for that.  Plus, I yawned the other day while I was talking on the phone, and I think that costs ya another $10.  They get you coming and going.

Former Employee

• 

107 Messages

10 years ago

It depends on if data is a taxable service in your area. If not, you get taxed about 3-5$ per line. If data is taxable, it will be a little more (another 5-10$) on the primary line.

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

I have two lines on my mobile share account and I pay $9.48 ($4.74 each line) for fees and taxes. I guess it's not too bad in my state.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I recently switched from an old plan that had five lines.   I was paying a monthly charge of $241.26 per month and taxes/fees on that was $31.89.  With my new mobile share plan with the same five lines, I am only paying $208 per month, but now my taxes/fees have increased to $46.79.  As you can see, the taxes/fees INCREASED even though my monthly plan DECREASED.  Makes no sense, but the mobile share plans must incur much higher fees/taxes than the old plans. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.