For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
florianw's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 7:02 PM

Switcher program issues

So I switched to ATT from T-Mobile around Oct-Nov. The rep in the store entered my address wrong (he was going off the info on my driver's license which is from a dif. state) even after I told him the correct info. Anyway, I put in the rebate request after we switched. Apparently my picture wasn't clear or they couldn't see the info. At this point it had already been 3-4 weeks. So I sent it again and I assumed it worked because I never got an error message. This is was November of 2016. I'm still waiting and I'm still getting bills from TMobile. what do I do?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@florianw wrote:

what do I do?

Pay the darn T-Mobile bill before they send you to collections! Or they add late fees.

How much did AT&T give you for your phone when you turned it in?

How much were the CANCELLATION costs for T-Mobile (not the final bill, the cost for canceling)?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

My wife and I switched and they gave us about $400 total for both of our phones. The cancellation costs were $84. My point is that ATT shouldn't advertise some program they won't honor.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@florianw wrote:
My wife and I switched and they gave us about $400 total for both of our phones. The cancellation costs were $84. My point is that ATT shouldn't advertise some program they won't honor.

I don't understand the problem? 

They gave you $400 but you're cancelation costs were only $84? You made out on the deal since all they owed you was $84. Not many get more than the cancelation costs.

It sounds like they more than honored it.

The offer is UP TO $650, it's not designed to be a bribe to switch, it's only a reimbursement, AT&T is basically buying your phones from you for what you owe.  http://att.com/switch  

If you owe less than that, you don't get to make money on the deal (unless you have valuable phones that are mostly paid off, but that's rare).  

Since you only owed $84 and AT&T gave you $400, there is nothing else to send to you.

This is was November of 2016. I'm still waiting and I'm still getting bills from TMobile. what do I do? 

If it's only $84, I don't understand why you didn't pay T-Mobile yet....?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes they bought the phones and I got the credit on my first month's bill, but my final bill was never paid as in i never got the prepaid card or any of that

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@florianw wrote:
Yes they bought the phones and I got the credit on my first month's bill, but my final bill was never paid as in i never got the prepaid card or any of that

Is that $400 credit?

(If so) That's $400 you didn't have to pay AT&T, you need to take $84 of what you would have paid AT&T (but you didn't since you had credit)  and use it to pay T-Mobile. 

From what you tell me, you'll still be $314 ahead. You should not be getting anything more if you got $400 credit already (and only owe $84).

FYI, Most people don't come out ahead, they have $400 in credits from the phones but owe $450, they turn in the bill with $450 in ETF and get an additional $50; you did good!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

No sir. I'm saying they bought our phones and placed it as our credit on our first month's bill with ATT. I never received any credit or the prepaid card at all for my TMobile bill.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@florianw wrote:
No sir. I'm saying they bought our phones and placed it as our credit on our first month's bill with ATT. I never received any credit or the prepaid card at all for my TMobile bill.

You did receive the credit, it was just on your bill. That means you have $400 cash that you didn't spend on that bill. Use $84 of it to pay T-Mobile.

It doesn't matter where they applied it, it's still $400 that you don't have to spend.

Would you feel better if they handed you a $400 debit card instead? Then you'd spend $84 on T-Mobile and the other $316 on AT&T.  It all works out in the end...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.