Need help understanding your bill?
Horneyc's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 10:21 PM

Closed

Switcher program issues!

We switched from Verizon to AT&T in February. After waiting and waiting for our rebate we got a letter saying we failed to turn in our old phones so we don't qualify. We have the paper work that shows we did. We went down to the local AT&T store and talked with someone. They copied our paperwork and promised to call us back by today. Well, guess what, no phone call. Try calling the store and it goes straight to voicemail. Try calling the rebate phone number and you get a message saying " we are experiencing a higher than normal call volumn" and they hang up! I'm so mad! I'm ready to drop them and I don't care what it costs! I'll post it where ever I can! AT&T scams people!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

You are the second one this week with the same problem.  Glad you got your receipt for trading in your old phones.  

It's  a goof in the system sending your trade in receipt.  They will honor the deal as you did everything right.

Contact ATT by message here @ATTMobilityCare with copy of the receipt for the trade in.

Let us know how it goes.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

I've been waiting since March to no avail. I've submitted my claim 3 times and NOTHING. I have paid my bill on time every month since I switched in February. It's ridiculous. I NEVER would have switched from Sprint to ATT had I known this woudl happen-I regret ever switching. My monthly payment is more than Sprint and they have failed to reimburse me the $450 that I paid out of my pocket for switching when they represented to me they would pay up to $650.00-it's a scam as far as I'm concerned. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@mimishirl55

Please read the offer again.  The offer is UP TO $650 in switching costs.   The reimbursement is a combination of the credit for the phone and reimbursements of any ETF.  If your ETF or lee balance was $450 and you got $450 for your phones, you don't get any more money.

After you carefully read the requirements, If you beleive this is an error and you are due more money, use the link in blue letters in my previous post.

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 Attachments

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

I met all the requirements. My Sprint phone was an iPhone 6 plus and I paid well in excess of $450.00 to switch. I submitted the $450.00 payoff amount with all my Sprint paperwork three times. It was denied the first time because they said they didn't get my Sprint contract so I re-submitted the paperwork and receipts. I believe this is a scam to get people to switch to AT&T. Once my iPhone 6s plus through AT&T is paid off, I will leave AT&T wireless. I'm disgusted right now and very angry. You should just quit offering a phony rebate and lower your prices. Your monthly rate is higher than what I paid at Sprint and the service is okay. I've been on the phone for 2 hours with a representative sending me from person to person and once again I'm told I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for answers. It just shouldn't be this difficult.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

You are not understanding-I did not get $450 for my phone-I paid Sprint $450.00 and turned my phone in to AT&T and was told I would be getting the money reimbursed to me by AT&T. Scam-it's a scam. 

Below is what you sign every reply with-maybe you need to pay attention to it.

"Honest answers are not always the ones we want to hear. Please mark solutions, it may help others." |||||||

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

You are correct, it shouldn't be this difficult.  

Im just trying to help get the expectations correct and direct you to support.

When you trade in your phone, you get credit toward your bill right away.  Did you get credit for turning in your Sprint phone?

If so, how much?

You should have a receipt for the trade in.  

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@mimishirl55

Honestly, it's sad to see so many customers having issues with this promotion.  It's nice, in theory.  However, it has very strictly worded "fine print" that gets to be the hang up for a lot of customers, it seems.  If I may be honest again, I really don't think the company has this promotion out there to "scam" people, though it certainly seems like it for an individual in your situation.  I think of this promotion from a business standpoint.  You see other cellular service providers offering very similar promotions, so you decide to work up one of your own in order to stay competitive.  Only thing is, all carriers offering their version of this promotion have their own limits to how much reimbursement will be offered for switching, and have their own qualifiers as far as what the customer must do in order to recieve every benefit mentioned in the promotion's "fine print." I think, the part that makes the customer feel "scammed" a majority of the time is, they see a promotion like this, get excited about it, go into a store, call, or chat online and trust the rep when the rep says the customer's doing everything to ensure the customer's going to get the maximum benefit of the promotion because the customer hasn't had time to read through the "fine print" of the promotion before going to sign up for it.  That's fine, I, for one, completely understand how hectic lives can be and that, because we live at such a fast pace nowadays, we don't always get to go through every tiny detail of a cell phone promotion.  Good thing is, you, and the original poster, according to their remarks, did go through everything.  Like @lizdance40, I'm hoping you saved your trade in receipt, as the original poster did, because it'll give you a huge advantage when you message @ATTMobilityCare with that receipt attached, along with the other documents you said you've already provided.  With all of that information in their hands, they'll have everything they need to get your account all squared away.  

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

I'm a paralegal-I read the contract-the bottom line-I should be getting some money back. I did get a small credit which I was told about at the store and the store employee-salesman at an actual AT&T store told me I would be getting a prepaid card for the balance. I have spoken to representatives on the phone who say I have met all the requirements and they don't know why I haven't received a card yet. That's as far as we get because they tell me it's now up to Young America to address the problem. When you call Young America you get sent back to an AT&T rep who tells you they can give you the number for Young America which is the same number you just called. This is why I believe it's a scam. But it's okay-if I don't get what I'm owed per the AT&T salesman and per the contract, I will contact the TX Attorney General's Office and the PUC. I don't like being lied to.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@mimishirl55

It isn't a scam.  But the conditions are picky and that leaves room for error.  

Since you got a credit for the phone, the difference is supposed to come as a card.

Use this link (if you haven't already) to check on status of card.    (Scroll to the bottom)

https://yaengage.att.com/#/home/splash

If the system has fouled it up and nothing is being sent for the final bill, then it's time to contact support through the forum.  The do a good job of fixing the snafu.

message privately here.    @ATTMobilityCare.  

Keep us updated 

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

You're not understanding what I'm saying lizdance. I've talked with numerous representatives at AT&T and they cannot understand why I haven't received my rebate. They told me to call Young America and when I call Young America they send me back to AT&T-can you understand my frustration?

I was on the phone yesterday for a minimum of 2 hours trying to take care of this because so much time has passed. The reps agree-I am owed some money-it's unclear if I'm owed $450 or $250, either way, I would just like to get this taken care of. I'm very unhappy with AT&T and wish I never would have switched. If I could go back to Sprint I would but it would cost me even more money that I don't have. No need for you to respond because we aren't getting anywhere.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.