For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Horneyc's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 10:21 PM

Closed

Switcher program issues!

We switched from Verizon to AT&T in February. After waiting and waiting for our rebate we got a letter saying we failed to turn in our old phones so we don't qualify. We have the paper work that shows we did. We went down to the local AT&T store and talked with someone. They copied our paperwork and promised to call us back by today. Well, guess what, no phone call. Try calling the store and it goes straight to voicemail. Try calling the rebate phone number and you get a message saying " we are experiencing a higher than normal call volumn" and they hang up! I'm so mad! I'm ready to drop them and I don't care what it costs! I'll post it where ever I can! AT&T scams people!!!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

So now I have to go all the way back to the store just to do this entire process all over again ???!!! THAT MAKES NO SENSE !!! If AT&T has the capabilities of "reprinting" my receipt, they should have the same capabilities to see that my phones were traded in !! This is totally RIDICULOUS and an INCONVENIENCE to LOYAL customers!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

If Young America has no record for your trade in, the receipt is proof.  My understanding is only the store you purchased in, has the ability to reprint receipts.

If you still have it, you don't need to go back to the store.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I've already called AT&T and they were able to pull up my trade ins within minutes !!!! I'm beyond p*ssed about this entire ordeal !!! All of this back and forth is RIDICULOUS 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Tosh0813  Good, now if they will forward to Young america you will be all set

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Not what I was told at point of sale or at the store that I did the return.
When I confronted the salesman at the store about being misled he said "oh
yea you're right"... I have to tell at&t reps how it works?!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@dougsparta wrote:
Not what I was told at point of sale or at the store that I did the return.
When I confronted the salesman at the store about being misled he said "oh
yea you're right"... I have to tell at&t reps how it works?!

That guy need to find a new job.   

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Did you see this?.....

Feb 18, 2017 12:05 AM

Re: $500 TV coupon qualification

"ON THE PHONE FOR  3 1/2 HOURS with  AT&T REPS who  KEEP PASSING ME ON TO ANOTHER AT&T REP  AND ANOTHER AND SO on , A TOTAL OF 13 AT&T REPS. ALL OF THEM TRYING TO HELP AND ASURE ME THAT ALL IS GOING WELL  AND THAT I WOULD GET MY VOUCHER FOR THE SAMSUNG TV. THE LAST REP #13 IN THE WIRELESS  LOYALTY  DEPT.  ON  02/17/2017 ABOUT 6:40 pm  Texas time #13  was so mean and rudely stated my supervisor says to give you the phone  # and website to  Samsung and ask them for my voucher myself )  my reply ( I am 73 and retired and  do not work for at&t that's your job and your supervisor on duty should not ask AT&T customers to do her job and as my  AT&T Rep. you(#13) should be the one to call and talk to Samsung on my behalf and it is her supervisor's job is to help her AT&T Rep (#13) & her AT&T customers.  Becuase she is our last stand our very own   AT&T  Advocate on duty.  sorry to say it did not end well.  I got all four hours on tape and saved  ATTChatTranscripts. My next step is to file a report with the FCC, and I will also send off A written Notice of Dispute To AT&T Office of Dispute Resolution, AT&T, 1025 Lenox Park Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30319. Maybe someone will help out or at the very least try to find our  AT&T  Advocate willing to stand up and help out all AT&T customers with this promotion."

I am looking for as many options as possible to get at&t to fulfill their obligations, so if you have any ideas regarding this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

@ATTMobilityCarehas not helped me at all. They still claim that they cannot find my phones I shipped to them using the shipping labels AT&T provided me & instructed me to use. What kind of receiving department does AT&T have? Big scam!!!!

And of course they can't find them!! I sent the phones back to them at the end of Aug 2016.

I sent in 4 iPhones & 2 were brand new. I didn't need new phones from AT&T. I had perfectly good phones. So, I turned in my 4 phones and am required to purchase 4 new iPhones from AT&T. Not only did they make money on me buying the 4 new phones, but then they get the phones I turned in & can resell them to AT&T customers. This is fraud!!
What kind of legal action can we take? I am out over $1000.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I agree with this at&t is horrible with customer service another unhappy customer.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@LisaC.

Did you save the tracking number and or counter receipt from the post Office?

If the phones cannot be located, you do have a problem as ATT won't honor the offer without proof of trade in.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.