Need help understanding your bill?
Horneyc's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 10:21 PM

Closed

Switcher program issues!

We switched from Verizon to AT&T in February. After waiting and waiting for our rebate we got a letter saying we failed to turn in our old phones so we don't qualify. We have the paper work that shows we did. We went down to the local AT&T store and talked with someone. They copied our paperwork and promised to call us back by today. Well, guess what, no phone call. Try calling the store and it goes straight to voicemail. Try calling the rebate phone number and you get a message saying " we are experiencing a higher than normal call volumn" and they hang up! I'm so mad! I'm ready to drop them and I don't care what it costs! I'll post it where ever I can! AT&T scams people!!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Oh yes I applied in august talked 2 dozen customer service and supervisors and loyalty reps each time a 2 hr wait and a different story and transferred who know how many times the only communication company that won't communicate among themselves. Definitely not a program or company that is worth being part of. I can't wait til this contract is over

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

IT'S STILL A SCAM EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE PHONE RETURN RECEIPT!  THEY TAKE THE PHONE AS A "DOWNPAYMENT"  -- VALUE IT AS HIGHLY AS POSSIBLE AND THEN REDUCE YOUR REFUND BY THAT AMOUNT!  So, if you owed Verizon $400 for having cancelled your contract prematurely, and they value your phone at $250, you will get $150.  IT MAKES NO SENSE AND THEY ARE PAYING THEMSELVES TWICE FOR YOUR PHONE!  I am furious!  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Please file complaints with FTC & any other agency that will take your
complaint. I myself have contacted the local news and is filing a complaint
with them they check out every complaint and try to help consumers like
ourselves that are getting scammed by these large wealthy companies that
are out to make money and not help their own customers.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@jangre wrote:

IT'S STILL A SCAM EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE PHONE RETURN RECEIPT!  THEY TAKE THE PHONE AS A "DOWNPAYMENT"  -- VALUE IT AS HIGHLY AS POSSIBLE AND THEN REDUCE YOUR REFUND BY THAT AMOUNT!  So, if you owed Verizon $400 for having cancelled your contract prematurely, and they value your phone at $250, you will get $150.  IT MAKES NO SENSE AND THEY ARE PAYING THEMSELVES TWICE FOR YOUR PHONE!  I am furious!  

What difference does it make if they give you $10 or $399 for the phone?

If you owe $400 they give you $400-399 or $400-$10, either way the total is $400.

They are basically BUYING your phone from you for $400. http://att.com/switch

They likley don't want to value the phone too highly.  If they value a phone at $250, but you only owe $150, then they overpaid you $100. They don't know what you owe until you submit the bill.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I would like to know the percentage of people that received the debit card.  I cant seem to get mine either.

Now they say opening a case. I wish I had NEVER left Verizon.

No customer support at ATT to assist youn with any issues expecially this one!

Live and Learn I guess!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

COMPLETE SCAM!!!!! I as so disgusted by this company.  I switched from a long time happy Sprint customer to AT&T as recommended by my fiance. When he suggested it, we saw the Switcher program and thought 'Wow, pretty great deal". So I paid out of my pocket to pay off my phone and followed all of the procedures.  From the get go, they gave me the run-around...stated I didn't have the correct final bill. So I got them the final bill, I mailed my old phone to them with the packing/shipping slip/packet they provided. After waiting and waiting....6 MONTHS later they say I'm denied any reimbursement because they never received my phone!!!! What a bunch of crap! They count on us not to have a photo/copy of their shipping label so we have no proof (my error). But it is so wrong!!!!!! After reading several other complaints for the same crock of crap I will cancel with this junk company and am seeking legal counsel. They should not be able to get away with this!!!!

-signed,

Disgusted

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

yaeh........after a year of the same crap i see everyone else complaining about.....i finally recieved the rest of my money......the program is a farce but as soon as a filed a complaint with the ....ohio attourney generals office they really got things moving,  each state as an att. gen. office. look it up for the state you live in

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

That's great info.  I really appreciate it.. THANK YOU!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I recently switched to AT&T too and am having problems as well. They keep telling me the bill I am submitting is invalid because it does not state specific wording showing that I am being billed for ETF's or installemnt charges for my phones. I have contacted TMbole multiple times for a final bill and the one I recieved is the only one they will send me. It appears it is not good enough wording for AT&T.. it shows the phone number and states "equipment charge, final bill..." That sounds very clear to me but it keep getts denied. I am going to switch back if i can not get this rectified

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I got the same message. When I sent them a clear bill they they made
another excuse that appeared to be mumbo jumbo. When I went back to the
corporate store they gave me different story. It is clearly a fraud. You
need to speak to THEE manager and tell him going to take them to court.
Remember there is at 3 levels of management at each store. The manager has
promised me a compromised refund which I accepted, I'm 73 and don't need
the grief. I considered doing what you suggested but then you be stuck with
the ATT final bill, and fighting that. I believe all carries are using the
same switcher scam. David

##- Please type your reply above this line
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.