Need help understanding your bill?
Ericagr's profile

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

Thursday, September 21st, 2017 11:31 AM

Switcher program is a scam

I switched 5 lines to ATT. I traded my phones in and received a credit for the phones that was applied to my Att bill. I still owed money for the phones and att said they would pay any early termination fees and the balance of the phones off. But they actually subtract what the credit they give you to pay your other wireless provider off. So basically I am stuck with a $1200 bill from T-Mobile to pay out of pocket. It is a scam especially if you have multiple phones. You are being giving a credit for a phone that you give to them then they take the credit back by making you apply it to your old bill. So you will end paying on your old bill, paying activation fees, taxes so they are scamming people. I plan on filling a compliant

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Praise?   Don't recall doing that.  ATT has the second worst customer service record and Randall has his head in the sand about it.  If there were an ATT screw up, we would have no problem writing it.   

But there isn't a problem or screw up on ATTs part.  At least not yet. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Ericagr wrote:
Everyone please know you will only be beat down by the same group of know it alls on this forum, unless you are praising ATT.

Complaining that the offer works exactly the way it says it's supposed to but you're not happy with it anyways is not going to get a lot of upvotes.  

Buyers beware and make sure you know all the facts. A costly lesson I have learned for trusting a company I have been with for over 10 years. Remember on this forum people will only tell you how dumb you are for falling for this so called deal

Buyer beware isn't a new phrase. Isn't it basically saying to read the offer and keep copies of all the documentation? 

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

6 years ago

Who cares about "upvotes" as long as people read what I posted about the offer and it helps someone else that might be considering switching is all I care about. Unfortunately situations like this can cause a lot of problems for people who are on a budget and did not fully understand the cost that it may afford them. You and your righteous attitude and the way you have replayed to me helps my point. So you enjoy the rest of your weekend and stop being so condescending

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

6 years ago

In my opinion part of my problem is customer service, yes I did contact them to inquire about the switcher deal thinking that it would be great to have all my services at 1 company. The customer service rep is the one who explained the deal to me. My whole point is customer service should explain every aspect of the deal not just the ones that are persuading to the deal. I was not unhappy with the cell phone service I had I just thought it would be beneficial to bundle. I gave the customer representative details of my service with T-Mobile as far as lines and devices. I work in customer service myself and I believe in being upfront and honest with people and making sure they understand things fully. This type of stuff will eventually catch up with ATT and any other cell phone company that has their type of practices. It is unfortunate that as upset as I was I had to be made to feel as if I was dumb. I know how the conversation went with me and the customer service representative , no one else on this forum does. So to make someone feel worse about the situation because they posted on their situation is sad.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Ericagr wrote:
In my opinion part of my problem is customer service, yes I did contact them to inquire about the switcher deal thinking that it would be great to have all my services at 1 company. The customer service rep is the one who explained the deal to me. My whole point is customer service should explain every aspect of the deal not just the ones that are persuading to the deal.

I hear what you are saying, but they won't get as many sales that way.

Their take home pay needs to be based on customer reviews after the sale, not for the sales themselves.

As you are mentioned having all your services at one company. PLEASE do not COMBINE your billing, the most often used phrase in the forums in regards to that is "nightmare" (people even said this when there was a $10 discount for combined billing).

I work in customer service myself and I believe in being upfront and honest with people and making sure they understand things fully.

I'm thinking you are saying this because you know there are unscrupulous people out there. This is why you have to investigate yourself and not ask the sales people.

I hope someone reads this thread before they make the same mistake I did.

I hope LOTS of people read this.

More importantly I hope they read the offer before they dump an agreement that they've already committed to and before committing to another 2 years planning to pay for $3000+ in phones.

Everyone PLEASE read this and the fine print THREE+ times before deciding to switch. http://att.com/switch

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Someone just asked earlier about switching from Verizon.  I told them to read the plans at ATT.com and gave them the link to the switch offer.  

https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Features/Switching-services/m-p/5279322

We don't get points or have a quota, but all wireless employees on every carrier do.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Yes it is a scam when I was told from an at&t representative that I'm going to get a 300 dollar in store credit and the remaining it going to cover sprint fees 

And if it like thay say why they don't tell you that store credit is what's you going to get to pay your sprint fees 

And why you trade my phone if I still owe money on it 

It is a scam 

A company lying on their customer

Just to set them up 

I will fill lawsuit on at&t

What a horrible customer service

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Fadi2010  Not a scam.  You should have read the offer.  The trade in for the phone can be used to pay ATT bill.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Fadi2010 wrote:

I was told from an at&t representative that I'm going to get a 300 dollar in store credit and the remaining it going to cover sprint fees 

And if it like thay say why they don't tell you that store credit is what's you going to get to pay your sprint fees 

And why you trade my phone if I still owe money on it 

Are you saying a sales person might have misled you to make a sale?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Fadi2010  

So what did you use the $300 store credit on?  Do you still have credit?  Use it to pay ATT, then use the money you DIDNT pay ATT to pay Sprint.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.