For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
suenram1946's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 20th, 2017 12:59 PM

Switch to Verizon

I am looking to move to Verizon and I am wondering if AT&T will improve their Data packages or if they are just happy to see me go.

I went through an all day session recently to combine my AT&T cell phone service with the DirecTV service with the promise that I would get unlimited data.  Of course, when we got through the whole transition my package was not eligible (Nation 200).  For some reason it is old and not allowed in the unlimited data plan.  So we are still at 300MB a phone for the month which we go through in about 2 days so we just shut off data.

Verizon has offered 2GB for $35 / mo or 4GB for $50 a month which would equal our current AT&T payment.

My 'wonderful grandfathered' in price is $45 / month for 2 phones ($90 + any overage we have which can be high) 

It seems like a no brainer to make the swtich.  Any comments?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@suenram1946 I'm not sure why you've been keeping that "OLD" plan. You can do two lines for $80 with AT&T to share 3GB.

http://about.att.com/story/att_introduces_mobile_share_advantage.html

You can get unlimited, you just need to dump the nation package, it's not not allowed, you'd be changing it to something else.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@suenram1946 wrote:

I am looking to move to Verizon and I am wondering if AT&T will improve their Data packages or if they are just happy to see me go.

I went through an all day session recently to combine my AT&T cell phone service with the DirecTV service with the promise that I would get unlimited data.  Of course, when we got through the whole transition my package was not eligible (Nation 200).  For some reason it is old and not allowed in the unlimited data plan.  So we are still at 300MB a phone for the month which we go through in about 2 days so we just shut off data.

Verizon has offered 2GB for $35 / mo or 4GB for $50 a month which would equal our current AT&T payment.

My 'wonderful grandfathered' in price is $45 / month for 2 phones ($90 + any overage we have which can be high) 

It seems like a no brainer to make the swtich.  Any comments?

@suenram1946

That is the cost just for the data plans on verizon you still have to add the line costs in which are 20 dollars a line.  2 unlimited lines on att are 140 a month before taxes.  Verizons unlimited is the same cost.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your reply.  At the time we combined AT&T and DirecTV we were going through a manager by the end of the day.  They told us that it would cost considerablly more than the $90 we were paying (on our grandfathered plan)  to get onto an unlimited plan.  It's funny because we got an extra 100MB added on to our 300MB plan and that lasted for 1 month.  I guess they thought that would make our day!  I'm not sure why they didn't try to help us get onto a 1GB plan or 3GB plan which sounds like it wouldn't cost must more.  End of day, they were tired.  

We will continue to research. Thanks. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@suenram1946 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  At the time we combined AT&T and DirecTV we were going through a manager by the end of the day.  They told us that it would cost considerablly more than the $90 we were paying (on our grandfathered plan)  to get onto an unlimited plan.  It's funny because we got an extra 100MB added on to our 300MB plan and that lasted for 1 month.  I guess they thought that would make our day!  I'm not sure why they didn't try to help us get onto a 1GB plan or 3GB plan which sounds like it wouldn't cost must more.  End of day, they were tired.  

We will continue to research. Thanks. 

@suenram1946

here is what att has right now

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@suenram1946 And @GLIMMERMAN76 just saved you $10 since mobile share dropped $10 since they introduced Mobile Share Advantage!  

When did that happen?

WAIT!  I'm still getting $40 on this page https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/planconfigurator.html

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 3.50.21 PM.pngWhat's the difference...??

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 Are you getting a 25% Fan and possibly logged in?

I appear to be on the same screen as you, but it's $10 more...

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 4.10.28 PM.pnghttps://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.