Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Suspended line overseas

Highlighted
Contributor

Suspended line overseas

I have had mixed conversations/explanations  with ATT about suspending a line when transferred overseas from the U.S.  in order to keep a line upon return which could be more than a year. Was charged an arm and a leg when phone automatically was turned back on without us receiving a notification of any kind. ATT did finally credit us back after hours of phone calls and multiple chats with various ATT departments. It was a nightmare. What are the rules and procedures, there seems to be no straight answer. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎08-13-2018 9:47 AM

Re: Suspended line overseas

If you mean military, you don’t suspend, you cancel but they hold your number. Suspension does not stop billing. Procedures here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045509. If you don’t qualify for the military cancellation, there is no other program I know of. Porting your number to google voice would be one way to hold your number.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support