Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Suspend number on account

Highlighted
Contributor

Suspend number on account

My daughter is in France and she is now on a French mobile service. I want to suspend her number so that I do not have to pay a monthly charge for it, but be able to give her her cell number back when she returns home in a year.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: Suspend number on account

Suspending a number can reduce the charge to $10 a month, not eliminate it.  

Canceling her line would eliminate the cost.  If you are paying on a phone, you would have a lump sum bill for the remaining payments. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

But if I cancel her account, she looses her number, correct?
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by LexKYRon
‎11-05-2017 12:22 PM

Correct, the number will be lost if you just cancel. What you can do is port her number to Google Voice to keep the number, then port it back when she returns.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

HOw can I suspend my account?

I’m traveling and need to freeze my account for a while. IS there a phone mover I can call or an email address???

thank you very much!!!

anja

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support