Need help understanding your bill?
Cindy229's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 3:45 AM

Someone over paid my bill and now I have large credit

Someone paid bill..don't know who and customer svc won't tell me, but check it was paid with is not confirmed....they say cuz it was paid online, they do have routing # and bank acct #, but won't say who. Now I have this large credit on my account. They said I was just lucky....don't feel good with that answer. What if that party wants their money back? Then what?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

I am sure the person will eventually realize their bill isn't paid.  I would keep paying your monthly bill.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I've tried to make my payments but they won't take them!!.....because I have credit!!!! They tell me to wait for 2 or 3 months, but that is an inconvenience to me. I'm going to have to open another bank account to put my payments there until when? Apparently this isn't fraud...I just want my account back to the way it was before that's all.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

They can't stop you from paying, and sure as heck they will come up with a way to charge you a late fee once they figure it out and take the money out.  

I agree, this is dumb.   😣😖

My sister has been overpaying on her ATT wireless for years.  She works during the school year, then has 2 months off.  So she over pays so she has a credit balance which covers her July and August bill.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I'm guessing the reason they won't accept your payments is you either have it set up on autopay or you are using ATT's online system. I suspect their system won't process a payment when a credit exists. If you were to submit the payment with a check or a bill paying service, it would be accepted and credited to your account. Anyway, I would accept their answer and just accept the credit. Just keep an eye on your account in case the credit disappears. Once that credit is used to pay a bill, that bill is paid. Even if ATT ends up giving the money back to whoever put it there, I don't believe they will re-bill you or penalize you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The same thing happened to me last night. I got 7 emails from AT&T with confirmation of my payments. Someone paid off all of my equipments’ balances. The credit card used was also saved in my account profile. Scary!!! How does this person know how much I owe on each phone unless he was able to hacked my account. I asked the AT&T agent to void the payments. I can’t take the credit knowing someone else got screwed up. I feel sorry for whoever the owner of the credit card used to pay my bills. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I called AT&T Fraud Department regarding my case and found out that someone hacked my account, paid off all of my equipments balance and then plan to order new phones as an upgrade and the phones be delivered somewhere else. Good thing I caught it before it happened. Otherwise, I would have been stucked with new expensive phone bills. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.