Need help understanding your bill?
ArtFei's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 24th, 2017 2:39 PM

Signed up for BOGO iPhones in December 2015.... Still have not received credit for the free phones

Anyone Who Can Help,

My family and I participated in a BOGO iPhone offer in December 2015 and to date have not been credited for 2 of the 4 phones purchased. I have been to retail store numerous times without resolution (staff/management has changed since December 2015). I have been contacting the Customer Service and also the Customer Loyalty Departments via telephone for many months and have been given numerous case numbers, again without any follow-up or resolution from AT&T.  One of the Customer Loyalty Agents suggested I write a letter to the President of AT&T.  BTW all from AT&T that review my account agree with me but claim they are powerless to address the problem.  Need help please.

Art F.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ArtFei 

IF you would like some assistance, there are some questions we need answers to:

1. What kind of phones were EACH of them? (2 answers)

2. Have your been late for any of your payments?

3. How many new lines at AT&T did you PORT IN at the time of purchase?

4. What SPECIFIC date did you purchase EACH phone?

5. Specifically, which Next plans were EACH of the phones on? Please check the # of payments on your bill for this.  WHICH plan was the free one on?

6. Who did you port in from?

I recommend hitting REPLY/QUOTE, then hit QUOTE and typing the SHORT answers next to the question in ALL CAPS or bold.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

1. What kind of phones were EACH of them? (2 answers)  BOTH iPhone 6s

2. Have your been late for any of your payments? NEVER

3. How many new lines at AT&T did you PORT IN at the time of purchase? 4

4. What SPECIFIC date did you purchase EACH phone? 12/26/2015

5. Specifically, which Next plans were EACH of the phones on? Please check the # of payments on your bill for this.  WHICH plan was the free one on? DO NOT KNOW - DONE IN RETAIL STORE AND NOT TOLD

6. Who did you port in from? VERIZON

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@ArtFei

The Next installments are on your bill, please read it.

All 4 phones ave to be iPhone 6s/6s plus for 2 to be free.  

It was required for phones to be purchased with Next 24 with 30 total payments.  Since all else seems in order, I'm going to leap and assume it will not say 30 total payments.

You will have to contact ATT and pester them for an exception.   It may mean calling monthly to get credits.  @ATTMobilityCare.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

All 4 phones ave to be iPhone 6s/6s plus for 2 to be free.  ALL 4 PHONES ARE iPhone6s

It was required for phones to be purchased with Next 24 with 30 total payments.  Since all else seems in order, I'm going to leap and assume it will not say 30 total payments.  YES THE FAMILY PLAN IS WITH ALL LINES AS NEXT 24 WITH 30 TOTAL PAYMENTS FOR EACH PHONE.

I have been calling AT&T regularly for many many months.  I have spoken to different departments but mostly the Loyalty Department.  The Loyalty Department keeps saying they are submitting "Cases" but each time I contact them it is like it is the first time again.  Very frustrating.  What can I do next?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@ArtFei

Message through the forum to @ATTMobilityCare.  

Ask them to review your account.

Specifically ask them WHY credits are not applied against the 2 phones.  Keep hammering WHY.  

Im sick to death of them saying, "it looks like you qualify " or something similar, but credits never arrive.   In most cases they can see why customer didn't qualify, or why the promo didn't work, but lack the stones to tell the truth.  The customer deserves the truth, or ATT has to pay up. (SMH)

Based on your information, it's time to get the big paddle.  Give them this bill period to pony up all back credits.  If they don't file a complaint with the BBB and/or state AG office.  

Please keep coming back to update.  

You can tag me personally with the @ symbol before my screen name.   

(Oooo.  Edit common errors.  I think I'm ticked off)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ArtFei Looks like @lizdance40 followed up with you and you're probably good to go.

The only think I'm not certain about is the date of the promo that far back. But @lizdance40 usually keeps track of those things so that should be good! Go send @ATTMobilityCare a message and let's figure this out...

Please let me know how it turns out so I know whether to suggest this again to somebody...

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L  Lol. You know me, I have the screen shots.  The December 2015 BOGO was good until 12/31.  The things that tripped up most was the add a line and 30 payments requirements.  

This one ???? (Shrug). ATT has to make good.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.