For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Andreabryant6's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 21st, 2019 5:43 PM

Sick of AT&T

I'm finally going to Sprint or Verizon. I have been staying at the hospital for 3 weeks with my mom who had a brain aneurysm. My husband works overseas and I make sure the Bill's are paid on time when hes gone. I totally spaced since I've been in the hospital with my mom and acct got suspended. I asked for a payment extension of a week and they said no. I've done one in the past with no problems, and now their customer service people are of no help. I'm done! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

payment arrangements must be made before the due date by logging into your account arrangements cannot be made by calling in as its all automated and cant be overridden by support,  your angry at at&t  because you didnt pay your bill and wont turn your phone on? and your angry at support that has no ability or authority  to make arrangements or turn your phone on? at this point unfortunately they will require you bill be paid in full to a zero balance before services are restored and could possibly require a deposit ,.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

I asked for a payment extension of a week and they said no. I've done one in the past with no problems

Had you asked for an extension before you were past due, you would have gotten it. Once you are past due, it’s too late. I’m pretty sure you’ll find Sprint and Verizon will do the same thing.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I didnt know it was past due 😞  i have been in the hospital with my mom, who had a brain aneurysm and then a heart attack coming out of surgery. I havent left her side for 3 weeks, I have been averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night and the past few weeks are a blur honestly. I just spaced. Just a little compassion would have been nice is all. I've been a customer for years and always paid my bill on time  A $300 a month bill at that. Guess it's just too much to ask these days...

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

@Andreabryant6 wrote:

I didnt know it was past due 😞  i have been in the hospital with my mom, who had a brain aneurysm and then a heart attack coming out of surgery. I havent left her side for 3 weeks, I have been averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night and the past few weeks are a blur honestly. I just spaced. Just a little compassion would have been nice is all. I've been a customer for years and always paid my bill on time  A $300 a month bill at that. Guess it's just too much to ask these days...

I’m sorry about you mom.  Hope she’s recovering.  
I marked the correct answer, but both earlier replies are correct.  The system is purposely automated to avoid people from making exceptions.   CSR CANNOT override the system.   The system has been automated for several years now because At&t found too many abuses by customers and customer service.   

Everyone gets equal treatment.  No matter how long they are with AT&T.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.