Need help understanding your bill?
sleevesend's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 30th, 2017 7:53 PM

Closed

Should I get a lawyer?

After not receiving a return label for my old phone with my new phone (I have NEXT) and the AT&T store unable to take it back I called AT&T (while on vacation) and they sent the first one to a wrong email. I called again and received the label and mailed back the phone less than 24 hours later. I have proof of this email and the USPS tracking information. Over a month later I receive the old phone back and now they are charging me $484.95. After numerous phone calls with rude and dismissive agents and "managers" or "supervisors" including one who said her name was Nichole, I am told that it is settled and I owe the money because I had the phone for two months. I did not, I had the phone BACK to me within two months and I have PROOF the post office had it at least 5 weeks prior to that, less than 24 hours after the email with the return information.

This is shocking as not only a lifelong shareholder but an wireless customer with up to 5 phones for over 10 years, internet, direct tv ... everything. Customer service was always iffy but now, this truly takes the cake. Not sure what else to do but not pay and contact a lawyer. Any other suggestions?

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Read your terms of service regarding disputes.  

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement-list.html

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

So, I can read all this and print all that and send it all certified mail and wait 30 days, possibly damaging my credit because no one at AT&T is available to take one minute to look at an email they sent me and it's date and the United State Postal Service's tracking information using the label and tracking information provided by AT&T and see that it was mailed 15 HOURS after the shipping label was sent? All this because some sort of "supervisor" who says her name is Nicole Milo has deemed it a fact that I didn't return my phone for two months? This would be totally impossible since I barely received my new phone two months ago as of today and the tracking information, based on their information, proves it was in the United States Post Office almost six weeks ago. No one at AT&T has one minute to take a glance at this?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@sleevesend Sometimes tough to find but I guarantee there is someone willing to help you. Please contact @ATTMobilityCare via private message. They are a small and very busy team, so you may not get a response for a week but if anyone can help you, they can.

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

2.2 Arbitration Agreement

1. AT&T and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to:
    • claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory;
    • claims that arose before this or any prior Agreement (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
    • claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and
    • claims that may arise after the termination of this Agreement.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

3 years ago

4yo spam magnet.  Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.