Need help understanding your bill?
nathallyc's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, August 4th, 2019 2:14 AM

Why am I charged for sharing minutes when I only have 1 line?

I just looked at my bill today and it says its charged me $25 for "sharing minutes".  The thing is, I've only had 1 line for years so why am I being charged and extra $25 for it sharing minutes to myself?  Because if this is what I think it is, I've been charged for this amount probably ever since my account went from 3 lines to a single one, which has been years too many!  I have to get this settled asap since I go on deployment next week and not sure how much access I'll have for the next 3 months following.  Even if it's bad timing I am thinking of switching providers if this cannot be resolved and I've been a customer since 2002.  I'm at the phase where my phone has been off for quite some time and was thinking of upgrading it since it is time.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

If you still have a minute plan, you have a very old plan. ATT hasn’t had minute plans for about 6 or 7 years now. If you never changed your plan, then of course you are still sharing minutes. You are just sharing them with one line. Dropping lines would not cause your minute plan to change. Your plan only changes when you change it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The thing is, I've upgraded my phone 3 times since it's been only 1 line and have made alterations to my plan, supposedly.  How come I was NEVER informed about this?  I have a Samsung Galaxy 7, so my last upgrade hasn't been that long ago.  I'm so calling tomorrow and complaining, if I don't change my provider all together.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@nathallyc wrote:

The thing is, I've upgraded my phone 3 times since it's been only 1 line and have made alterations to my plan, supposedly.  How come I was NEVER informed about this?  I have a Samsung Galaxy 7, so my last upgrade hasn't been that long ago.  I'm so calling tomorrow and complaining, if I don't change my provider all together.

Complain about what?    Not informed about what?

It’s up to you to ask for a more current plan, At&t doesn’t change plans just because you upgraded.   In fact AT&T is well known for letting people keep all plans as long as they want them. 

Current plans may or may not be a better deal for you.   I’m sure they’ll be happy to switch you to a newer plan, Just be aware if you are unhappy with it you cannot switch back.   

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

By the way if you’re about to be deployed you don’t want to start new service. When going on deployment you cancel your service, you can ask AT&T to hold your number until your return with your deployment orders.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, I’m not sure what it is you feel you need to complain about either. Just be aware that if you do take advantage of the military cancel and hold, you will not be able to get your old plan back when you return, though it sounds like you don’t want it anyway.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.