Need help understanding your bill?
Dougger's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 19th, 2018 3:27 PM

Shared plan charges - how to remove from billing I have no wish to share with other devices

AT & T Unlimited Data

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You can’t. All current ATT plans are set up to be shared, whether it is one line or multiple. All plans have one charge for the data plan, that is the “shared” portion and then a separate charge for each line on the plan. That is just the way all plans are structured. If you only have one line, your charge for the unlimited data should be less than if you had multiple lines.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

thx for the info sandblaster

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

All postpaid plans are set up to “share” the plan.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So now I only have one device. Do I still need to pay the "shared" fee and my " access fee" ??

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@marielyng wrote:

So now I only have one device. Do I still need to pay the "shared" fee and my " access fee" ??

Yes. Read post #2. All ATT plans have an access fee on every line. It does not matter whether it is one line or multiple.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@marielyng wrote:

You are not paying a “share fee”.  All postpaid plans from all carriers are SHARED plans, and set up ala carte

The only single charge option is PREPAID (again, all carriers).  Just be aware of what you give up (like roaming, no installments, lesser coverage and lower priority on towers). 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

So if we are paying a share access, line, or device that we don't have, why is there a charge for something we don't have? Doesn't make sense.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@yendor5850 wrote:

So if we are paying a share access, line, or device that we don't have, why is there a charge for something we don't have? Doesn't make sense.

Way to completely not understand a concept.  

All postpaid plans are ala carte and designed so you can share, or not.  Depends on what you add to the plan. Tablet?  Smart watch maybe?  Those are available on shared plans for an added access charge. 

Prepaid is one lump sum, no sharing a common plan. 

The postpaid single line unlimited plans is a $45 plan and $35 device charge.

the prepaid plan is a flat $85.  

But with the postpaid plan the plan is shared and for $10 more a smart watch could be added.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

So does it make sense to leave ATT altogether to stop this situation for paying for something we don't have or need? Not a good business alternative.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@yendor5850 wrote:

So does it make sense to leave ATT altogether to stop this situation for paying for something we don't have or need? Not a good business alternative.

No.    That isn’t a flaw or a problem and you do need it.  

Verizon works the same way.  Up until not long ago all postpaid worked this way.  

You pay a small amount for a plan, and the add devices.  Each device has a line charge.  The access charge include the phone number and installments if any.  

Postpaid plans are priced ala carte.   Prepaid are lump sum.  

All postpaid plans are set up to be SHARED.  If you have one Device, you are paying less than someone with 2, 5, 10 devices.  I don’t know how else to explain it so that you can understand.  Please tell me what doesn’t make sense and I’ll try again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.