Need help understanding your bill?
jjjost1015's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 26th, 2018 6:20 AM

Separating phones and account

On the next contract .. My husband and I are on the same account and bill .  I would like to take my phone and have my own account separate from his. My phone, my account.. His phone, his account. Im tired of him always suspending my service every time he gets moody... How do I go about doing that. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

You have to do a transfer of billing responsibility which has to at least appear to be authorized by the account owner.  It requires all the account information, PIn code.  

Alternately go buy a prepaid phone and service and walk away from your current number.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Newtoyou wrote:

Can I port my phone number that was unbundled from dtv? After I sign up to prepaid? Phone is from 2015 and is a flip phone. So Im porting my number to myself

To move your number to prepaid, go to an ATT store for a new SIM card and they will change you over.  

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

5 years ago

Can I port my phone number that was unbundled from dtv? After I sign up to prepaid? Phone is from 2015 and is a flip phone. So Im porting my number to myself

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

So.. I’m on a phone plan with my boyfriends grandma, how do I remove my line from her account and get my own account separately from her? Would I need to get the grandmas info in order to do it or transfer it to a new account?!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

@Tarah3 wrote:

So.. I’m on a phone plan with my boyfriends grandma, how do I remove my line from her account and get my own account separately from her? Would I need to get the grandmas info in order to do it or transfer it to a new account?!

Grandma would need to transfer billing responsibility to you.  You then would have to pass a credit check, accept responsibility and start your own account.  
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045265

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m on a line with my ex and it’s in his name i want to take my line off and have my own account 

how do i do this ? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.