Need help understanding your bill?
jaredn488's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 20th, 2013 11:59 PM

Scammed by EOS CCA for the Past 3 Years after Leaving AT&T

Hello,

My girlfriend has been scammed by EOS CCA after leaving AT&T 3 years ago in a similar manner to the one discussed in this thread: http://forums.att.com/t5/U-Verse-Billing/ATT-Error-sends-me-to-collection-Agency-EOS-CCA/td-p/3225825 

She had paid over $500 to them via paymybill.com (which is the method stated on their statement) to clear the amount, which was not reflected by EOS CCA's next bill, it only grew higher. I have copies of the bank account statement, the EOS CCA letter as well as a confirmation number for payment to paymybill.com (which currently does not exist anymore).

We have tried many things, including challenging the credit report as well as telling EOS CCA over the phone that we have paid (which of course has not worked, and the payment amount just gets larger with her debt and credit getting worse). Also, a few months ago, she had called AT&T. They told her she left AT&T in good standing with all debts paid and said they would send us a copy of this to prove it though they never did. When she called the other day they transferred her to EOS CCA. Again, no help there.

I know others are having this problem, and we are at the end of our wits trying to get rid of these scammers. If you can do anything to help, please PM me.

Thank you for taking the time,

Jared N.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just received a hit on this too from AT&T. I had their services for YEARS without any issues. I had to make changes to my account, which I did over the phone. I didn't know that the changes I made meant I was locked in for another 2 years!! NOTHING was mentioned about it. So I had the service for about another year after the changes and I was really starting to have more and more problems. They said I needed to buy a new phone because the one I had was old and that's probably why, because of the changes at AT&T and I should get something newer. Well heck, I like electronics, so why not?! I bought a new phone! BUT, the service still sucked! I could sit in my living room and have no service. I could walk out into my yard, front or back, and see their cell tower, and then only have 1 bar?! I was a subcontractor doing construction at the time. My contractors would call needing help when I was at home sometimes, and I couldn't get my calls!! I literally lost THOUSANDS of dollars because of it!!!! Not including buying the phone even. I lived 4 states away from my family and couldn't talk to them either. Now I have an outstanding bill that went to collections, from an account that I closed over 7 years ago????? I REFUSE to pay and have disputed it since I first found out I was locked into another 2 year agreement without my permission.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

same goes here my friend ..i have a situations just like you I have been a loyal customer with AT&T since 1993.

I was shockto hear that a debt collector calls me for my passdue bal..he sd that his name is Michael Clark calling from EOS CCA collections company for the bill of $545.00 he told me that this was a bill that got written off since 2010..I was totally shock about that Isimply sd that I do not owed this Im still with AT&T so disputed this bill he ask me to send letter of dispute in writting and he end the call..

I also thought that he is trying to scam me so I immediately call up AT&T and the rep sd that I made a changes on the services so this was written off as a final bill although I still continued with the same services and I realised that I actualy did that and as per the term and conditions of the contract that i had with at&t if there are changes made the services will be terminated and continue with the services but with a different account or refrence num..

and the rep from at&t told me I hve to contact EOS CCA for this..

I contact them back and paid off my bills they provide me a confirmation nums and they had also reported back to credit unions that this has been paid off so I can again have a good credit status....THANK YOU EOS CCA FOR HELPING ME AND MAKING ME AWARE OF THIS BILLS AND I COULD REGAIN MY CREDITS REPORT IN GOOD STATUS

GUYS I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU THAT EOS CCA ARE NOT A SCAM COMPANY THEY ARE LEGITS I HAVE THE PROOF FOR THAT 

WE CANNOT SIMPLY BLAME A GOOD COMPANY AND REPORTED AS A SCAM ..JUST SOMEONE DO NOT HVE ANY INTENTION TO PAY HIS OR HER PASSDUE BILLS ..

yours 

Mark johnson

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

They sent me a letter for a service I have NEVER used. Only got to the US a month back and have been a T-Mobile user since. Have already sent a message to ATT here on the forums. If this is not resolved within the next two days and a formal written apology issued, I will take this up with FTC and ensure that I sue everyone involved here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

me too but this time from verizon they have no record of the  deb i call them 100 of times but they claim that the charges where made by another  veerizon company the diamond still the problem remains so i e mail the federal trade commision anbd see what it wiull come with them

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.