For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
rebretz000's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 27th, 2016 2:20 AM

Samsung Galaxy S7 BOGO Deal

I was reading the fine print and I have a question on a part of it. I'm thinking a taking advantage of the deal but here's the part I'm curious about. If I sign up for it under Next, I'm currently not under contract or anything. I have my own phones, I just pay monthly for the 15 GB plan. If I end up paying of the full amount of the phone in 5-6 months. the $700.00 or so it says. Do I then also have to pay off the other phone also? When reading the 
"If upgrade or pay up/off agmt early your credits may cease." Is there a reason they wouldn't or would cease?

I change phones often so I wouldn't use mine for the lenght of the 24-30 months. I've owned 3 different phones since I came back to AT&T in September.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Not true.....

One line can be paid off, just not the one receiving credit.

You can pay off the one phone if you choose, but the one getting credits must remain on Next for the full 30 months.   This has been verified by an employee who did the BOGO in December and paid off the one line.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

This is the way it was explained to me. Not really sure I believe it. Basically, it would tie both phones up for 30 months. You get the free phone by way of monthly credit for 30 months. If the payment stopped on the main phone, the credit for the free phone stops. So you can't pay off the main phone early, because from that point on, the free phone is no longer free.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Has anyone NOT gotten their credits on this deal? I bought my phones back in March, but have never received any credit. When I called, the gal on the phone tried to tell me I only get three months of credits (which is bull and I didn't even get that).

What do I do?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @thomasbackus l responded on the thread you started.

Former Employee

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I WAS RIPPED OFF ON THE BOGO PROMOTION FOR THE SAMSUNG BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!

I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR BOTH PHONES AND I WORK FOR THE COMPANY! A.T.T HAS DENIED PAYING BACK THE MONEY OF $340.00 DOLLARS, WILL NOT CREDIT MY ACCOUNT. A.T.T. JUST SAYS THE CASE IS CLOSE!

DO NOT DO THE BOGO PROMO!!!!! I'M STILL PAYING FOR THE SECOND PHONE!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.