For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Bunnynose78's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, July 21st, 2019 6:25 PM

Runaround on missing bogo credits, line unauthorized cancelled and confirmed it was unauthorized!

I had called in on another issue on my account in March of this year with a question on my lines. In April we realized an extra phone line we were getting the bogo credits on was without my permission cancelled. I called and the line was reinstated and it was confirmed it was an unauthorized line cancellation by the tech. I have not received a bogo credit on that line since March. I have spend hours on the phone every month and it still isn’t fixed. I have been giving case # after case # and still no one calls me back and nothing is being done. I’m now being told by the loyalty department that the cases were never put in correctly and again the same runaround that it’s going to take 3-5 days. I have been on the phone getting a runaround today for 2 hours straight. Manager id ***** Jessica ***** gave me a case # ***** and said it will be resolved by July 24th but I have little faith as I’m told this monthly. I have now overpaid by $113.36 and no one at the company seems to care to fix their mistake. I need someone to contact me ASAP as I will be closing this account and changing to the price match plan at T-Mobile if it’s not fixed this time. Your reps are rude and ive been lied to for 4 months now. I have little faith this will ever be resolved. If it’s not you have lost a loyal customer for over 13 years. 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

Something isn’t adding up here. You didn’t notice you no longer had service on a line for a month? If a line with an installment plan is canceled, the full remaining amount becomes due. 

File a complaint with the BBB and you will get escalated. Make sure to be very specific with the person who contacts you

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It was from end of March to first week of April. And yes I didn’t notice because we got the line on a bogo deal and leave the phone on our mantle for our kids for an in case of emergency phone line since we don’t have a home phone. So it wasn’t used or tried to be used or anything. I am aware if I cancel the line the full amount becomes due but as I stated above, this was cancelled without my consent by an error on the representatives part and AT&T has confirmed this with me and has corrected that part of the error. The issue now lies in the fact that they have restarted the monthly installment plans on the line but not the credits. 

BBB takes awhile to get an issue resolved. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Bunnynose78 wrote:

It was from end of March to first week of April. And yes I didn’t notice because we got the line on a bogo deal and leave the phone on our mantle for our kids for an in case of emergency phone line since we don’t have a home phone. So it wasn’t used or tried to be used or anything. I am aware if I cancel the line the full amount becomes due but as I stated above, this was cancelled without my consent by an error on the representatives part and AT&T has confirmed this with me and has corrected that part of the error. The issue now lies in the fact that they have restarted the monthly installment plans on the line but not the credits. 

Better to take a while and get it fixed than keep running around in circles and overpaying every month, isn't it?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

The BBB doesn’t actually resolve anything. The BBB complaint gets you a response from ATT corporate. They are the ones to fix. The BBB complaint is a way to escalate your issue.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the recommendation. You were 100% correct. I filled out the BBB complaint 2 days ago and the issue was resolved by the office of the president from AT&T today. Thank you for recommending that!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Glad your issue was resolved, thanks for letting us know.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have had a similar problem. I called on a activation on April 25th. I was encouraged by the agent to sign up for BOGO. So I did. They never issued me credits. They kept saying it takes 2-3 billing cycles. Now they are telling me that I didn't actually qualify for BOGO because I signed up on April 1st. The day that I was talking to the agent and him telling me to do it. I then have had over 7 hours on the phone with AT&T getting the exact same treatment as you experienced. Run around and around, lied to , stolen from. I have filed a complaint with the FCC, and BBB, and sent in a demand Letter. ***** I better see a credit *****.

[Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.