For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
drgerry's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Saturday, February 13th, 2016 12:38 PM

Retired MS Value 2GB?? What am I being charged for?

AT&T Wireless Bill:

"Retired MS Value 2GB" = $21.33 ???

Why am I being charged for "retired" values? Does that mean I'm being charged for data that I didn't use, rollover data that has "retired"?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

"Retired" means it is no longer available to new customers to sign up for, but you have been grandfathered. If you ever change your plan, you will not be able to get this one back.

New customers (or anyone changing plans) have to pay $30 for 2 GB.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

I went to an AT&T store to have two Basic Phones added to my plan. I was told it would be about $20/mo +junk fees per phone. There was no mention of an increase in the charges.

AT&T is making it much easier for me to change carriers

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@drgerry wrote:

I went to an AT&T store to have two Basic Phones added to my plan. I was told it would be about $20/mo +junk fees per phone. There was no mention of an increase in the charges.

AT&T is making it much easier for me to change carriers

If you want an accurate answer, you can't feed us information one bit at a time. You "added" two lines? What else do you have? If you "added" to an account with a smartphone, you have to have a data plan for the smart phone, even if the new phones are "dumb". If all your devices are dumb, then contact ATT CS and tell them to take the data plan off; they will.

And I don't know what "junk" fees are. Do you mean government taxes and fees? Or things like insurance?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

What plan do you have?

If you have an existing smartphone on your plan, this is not a new charge, please check your previous bills.  

You cannot add new lines to a legacy plan.  A new plan is required.  However no data is required on basic phones.  

Please call and have your plan reviewed for accuracy.  

How much else has been left out of your post?   You dribble incomplete information, so an apporpriate answer is not possible.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.