Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Restrictions around canceling a line

Contributor

Restrictions around canceling a line

Greetings everyone! new to the forums, I have a question I haven't seen answered...hope someone can help!

I am considering AT&T's BOGO offer on the iPhone 8s. That offer requires a new line of service. I don't need a new line of service, but I am wondering: if I add a line to receive this offer, is there any reason I can't cancel one of my other lines of service, as long as the contract on that line is paid off and I don't care about saving the number associated with that line? Does AT&T have any sort of restrictions around canceling a line? (especially around the time you are adding a line to qualify for an offer?)

As far as I can tell, there are no obligations to maintain a line after the contract on that line is paid off, but I wanted to be sure. We have an "extra" line we aren't using, so if I am able to cancel that one, I can use the new line from the iPhone 8 BOGO offer for my daughter who is getting her first phone.

Thanks in advance for any help!

snoqualmie7

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by snoqualmie7
‎12-12-2017 7:54 PM

Re: Restrictions around canceling a line

No problem with opening a new line to get the BOGO and cancelling another line. I know folks who did just that earlier this year to get a free iPhone 7. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support