Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Customer service rep lied to me about billing cost as a result of service change

Contributor

Re: Customer service rep lied to me about billing cost as a result of service change

I was promised better service faster internet.  And $1,250 in gift cards for buying 5 cell phones.  And a promo buy 4 ph get 5th free. And I was told I was only going to pay for 1 galaxy 10 and 1 style 4 full retail and if I turned  in the other 5 ph it bring the price down  on other phones.  But none of it is true. My ph bill double  for a very slow internet.  Buffering  alot. Can't see videos  can't even  get on internet.  Pages get timed out that 5g thing  and the super fast internet  is what he sold and I never got. Now I have almost $3000 in phone loans. Pluse a $230 phone  bill. For 5 lines when I was paying $100 for 4 lines with better internet. 

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Sage

If the service was poor and right from day one, you should’ve returned all of your phones and ported your numbers back to your old carrier within 3 days to avoid activation and service charges, or within 14 days to be able to return phones and terminate all future responsibility to AT&T.  

Since it seems you have waited out the 14 days, stayed with AT&T long enough to get a bill, then this is your problem now to resolve.  You have to pay for the phones.  But you can sell them to pay off your At&t account and go back to your previous carrier.  

Credits for free phones take 3 months, and auto pay discounts take 2 bills.

Restock fees are $45 per phone.

Had you read all the papers you signed you would know all this.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support