Need help understanding your bill?
SusannTindall's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 1st, 2019 1:12 AM

Re: Billing Issue - No refund

We had Uverse, home phone, internet and wireless. We cancelled our service, except wireless, deffective 2/22 by telephone and in writing on 2/23.  We moved residences and had a different service installed since Uverse was not available where we moved.  We have been billed for the rest of the 6 days of February, all of March, all of April for Uverse, home phone and internet.  They did not shut off the service until 4/26 after I had called 9 times to get a final bill.  Not only did they shut the service off for the utilities we cancelled but they shut off the wireless service as well.  We have been billed for all of April, May and June for wireless service we cannot even access.

I called everyday, for 6 weeks, some days numerous times a day.  I have been shuffled from department to department to department.  I have been transferred all over the world, literally,.  I have been placed on hold for unreasonable times, up to 2 hours and 36 minutes.  I have been transferred from one person in a department to another person in the same department!

We had credits prior to this fiasco that have not been credited on the bill.  

We have been billed for service on two ipads for over a year that we cancelled service on, two many times to count, for over a year.

Everytime I speak to someone, they say, “that is a lot of money” “we are not giving you any credits”, “why don’t you just pay the bill”. “Just pay the bill”

It is amazing to me the attitude of the people on the phone that work for AT&T.  They are rude, judge mental and determined you will pay that bill no matter what.

I actually had a rep say to me, “That is a lot of money to credit.”  I said yes, it is. She said, “I don’t think we will credit that much money”. I replied, so it is ok for me to pay that much money but not ok for AT&T to credit the account, get the account straightened out and turn my wireless service back on.  She replied, “Yes”.  I was furious!!!!

Our wireless service is still off, they have now blocked our wi-if so we cannot use any other service or pick up anyone’s wi-if, they have billed another month and refuse to do anything about this siutataion.

We now have 2 iPhones that cost approx $1600. An iPad that cost approx $899.  They are nothing but expensive paperweights now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have decided it is past time to contact a lawyer. 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

That is your response?  Shows EXACTLY the problems with AT&T!  Don’t bother addressing the issue just remove a line about being fed up and considering legal action.

My post did not include ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

File a BBB complaint. It will be much faster and cheaper. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@SusannTindall   This is a customer populated forum, not AT&T.  The moderators are not employees and do not answer questions.  The edit must have removed personal information from the public forum.  

There are ways to dispute bills, not paying isn’t one of them, they shut you off.  (As you are learning the hard way).  You now lost any leverage to get credit on Uverse bill.   

So when was your equipment returned?    If it doesn’t get sent back they bill some ridiculous amount for it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.