Need help understanding your bill?
Fedorchuk96's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 2:30 PM

Re: AT&T changes your plan without notice and sends an incorrect new billing amount

The same has happened to me. Signing up for AT&T has been the biggest nightmare of my life. I have spent tens of hours on the phone with them trying to fix my account only met with empty promises. My account has two people on it and should’ve cost $150. When I went a few weeks later I saw that my bill was $460... $460 for 2 people for 1 month ?!? Are you kidding me?! I called 7 times and each time they kept promising to fix but would say that there is no note of my last phone call. I spoke to a friend who used to work for a phone company and said that they do this all of the time to make extra money. A lot of the time people don’t even check their bills. As soon as I pay off my phone I will be leaving AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Fedorchuk96 wrote:

The same has happened to me. Signing up for AT&T has been the biggest nightmare of my life. I have spent tens of hours on the phone with them trying to fix my account only met with empty promises. My account has two people on it and should’ve cost $150. When I went a few weeks later I saw that my bill was $460... $460 for 2 people for 1 month ?!? Are you kidding me?! I called 7 times and each time they kept promising to fix but would say that there is no note of my last phone call. I spoke to a friend who used to work for a phone company and said that they do this all of the time to make extra money. A lot of the time people don’t even check their bills. As soon as I pay off my phone I will be leaving AT&T.

Please look at your bill and tell us what the erroneous charges are for.

It's not just a line item that says "Random extra charges, $310.00", correct?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

I moved this as it has nothing to do with the previous thread.   

@Fedorchuk96   At&t does not ‘do this all the time to make extra money ‘ but billing screw ups by PEOPLE do happen.    I’m suspecting that you are being billed for 2 accounts, rather than one, as it’s the only way I can see 2 lines costing more than $400.  Unless you already missed a payment, that’s way to high.

What is normal:  

First bill includes a partial month, full month, activation fees, $45 each, installments on both phones and the discounts don’t start right away.   So a bill that’s double the expected is very normal.  But not 3 or 4 times as much.  

Since we know what a bill should look like and so do store employees, It would help to see what’s on the bill.  

Please do not post photos on the public forum without blocking all your personal and account information.  Or take the bill to a company store and ask them to look at it with you.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.