Questions on adding another phone to the plan

Mentor

Questions on adding another phone to the plan

Right now I have only my phone on the plan.  I have 450 min w/ Rollover,3gb data, unlimited texting and M2M. I've collected about 4,000 rollover minutes since I've had the phone (March 1st 2012)

I want to add my son to my plan.  Through my research I"m guessing my best guess is to go w/ the family share plan, (or is that my only option?)  It looks like the cost wouldn't be much different, as it's $70 + $40 for the extra phone. w/ insurance and possibley the limits option it looks like it'd be about $20 more.  Do I have that right?  I pay $111 right now for my line alone.  

Ok anyway, I assume I would lose the 4000 rollover but I guess since the share plan is unlimited talk and text I don't have to worry about that.  (All that "work" of saving the minutes wasted tho, lol)

It wouldn't make sense to add another full line right? It'd be almost $200 at that point. Any advice/help would be great.

Message 1 of 3
Guru

Re: Questions on adding another phone to the plan

With the mobile share plan, the $70 dollars doesn't include the phone, so it would be $70 + $40 + $40 for $150. Not including the insurance or extra features of course. 

The other option is maybe a 700 minute family plan. That's $69.99 + your data plan + unlimited texting + his data plan. So that would be 70+30+30+30 (assuming he gets the 3gb plan too) for a total of $160. So that's a 10 dollar difference. If he gets the 300mb plan it would be $150. Again, not including any extras yet like insurance. 

So, if he's getting a smartphone, you're better off with the mobile share plan at $150. If he's getting a 'dumbphone' you can get unlimited data on his line for 10 dollars making the 700 minute plan come down to $140.  

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: Questions on adding another phone to the plan

Thanks Ujmnz! I didn't realize that I'd have the $40 for my phone too. Smiley Wink He's got a non-activated iPhone 4 now, it's from his father's account but I want him on my account so I'm just getting him a 4 for 1c, he doens't even need a 4s. Just something so we can contact each other if need be when he has no wifi.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support