Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 27, 2013
3:54:41 PM
View profile
Question about suspended account

Alright now this is not about my account but my sister's account.  My sister's account had 4 lines on it and my niece spilt off her phone and just received her first phone bill.  My sister has 3 phones on her account and she set up a payment arrangment for the payment to be taken out at the end of the month.  Instead the payment was taken out early and there was no money in the account.  So now my sister's account has been suspended. 

I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone knows the answers too; I've never had this issue so I don't know what the answers are.  My niece is worried her account will be suspenced as well because for part of last month it was on my sister's account. I don't think that will happen but I could be wrong. 

Also how much is it to reactivate accounts?  My sister said ATT is wanting $520 to turn the phones back on: Last month's bill, this months and $35 for each phone?  Does that sound right.  One of the phones on the account is a smartphone the rest are not.

Now my last question is this if she doesn't call and ask them to cancel the account will she continue to be charged each month for the phones has that been stopped?

Thank you for your time.  I have looked on the forums for answers and have not found any.

Alright now this is not about my account but my sister's account.  My sister's account had 4 lines on it and my niece spilt off her phone and just received her first phone bill.  My sister has 3 phones on her account and she set up a payment arrangment for the payment to be taken out at the end of the month.  Instead the payment was taken out early and there was no money in the account.  So now my sister's account has been suspended. 

I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone knows the answers too; I've never had this issue so I don't know what the answers are.  My niece is worried her account will be suspenced as well because for part of last month it was on my sister's account. I don't think that will happen but I could be wrong. 

Also how much is it to reactivate accounts?  My sister said ATT is wanting $520 to turn the phones back on: Last month's bill, this months and $35 for each phone?  Does that sound right.  One of the phones on the account is a smartphone the rest are not.

Now my last question is this if she doesn't call and ask them to cancel the account will she continue to be charged each month for the phones has that been stopped?

Thank you for your time.  I have looked on the forums for answers and have not found any.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 31, 2013 11:02:15 AM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Dec 12, 2013 at 10:18:20 AM

dragon672 wrote:

Visit Suspend and Reinstate. This will answer your questions.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Question about suspended account

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2013 4:04:58 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by gregzoll_1 on Jan 27, 2013 at 4:06:56 PM

$35 per line. And yes, if ATT is stating $520, that means they are wanting the fee for fraud payment (no money in the account), and a deposit to hold, in case this happens again.  And yes she will be continued to be billed a monthly fee, until sixty days of non-payment, and then ATT will place the account into non-payment status and hand it over to their collections department, who can within 90 days from last payment, can hand it over to a third party collections.  It just keeps getting worst from there.

I would suggest that she settle this quickly, or it will continue to haunt her until paid in full.  Any time you give a company access to your banking/credit card/debit card info, they have the authorization to withdraw funds owed, due to you have authorized them to do so, by giving them the info.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

$35 per line. And yes, if ATT is stating $520, that means they are wanting the fee for fraud payment (no money in the account), and a deposit to hold, in case this happens again.  And yes she will be continued to be billed a monthly fee, until sixty days of non-payment, and then ATT will place the account into non-payment status and hand it over to their collections department, who can within 90 days from last payment, can hand it over to a third party collections.  It just keeps getting worst from there.

I would suggest that she settle this quickly, or it will continue to haunt her until paid in full.  Any time you give a company access to your banking/credit card/debit card info, they have the authorization to withdraw funds owed, due to you have authorized them to do so, by giving them the info.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Question about suspended account

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (4,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2013 7:11:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thank you I will tell her.  Especially that they may try to pull out the $520 out of her account.  It was their fault as they pulled it too early and they admitted it but they won't fix it.

Thank you I will tell her.  Especially that they may try to pull out the $520 out of her account.  It was their fault as they pulled it too early and they admitted it but they won't fix it.

3 of 5 (4,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2013 7:02:40 AM
(0)
Professor
Again, if you give a company your banking info, you are giving them authorization to withdraw funds. Time for someone to seek out a Dave Ramsey course in their area.

4 of 5 (4,006 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 31, 2013 11:02:15 AM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Dec 12, 2013 at 10:18:20 AM

dragon672 wrote:

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

dragon672 wrote:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (3,907 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments