Need help understanding your bill?
dragon672's profile

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

Sunday, January 27th, 2013 11:54 PM

Question about suspended account

Alright now this is not about my account but my sister's account.  My sister's account had 4 lines on it and my niece spilt off her phone and just received her first phone bill.  My sister has 3 phones on her account and she set up a payment arrangment for the payment to be taken out at the end of the month.  Instead the payment was taken out early and there was no money in the account.  So now my sister's account has been suspended. 

I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone knows the answers too; I've never had this issue so I don't know what the answers are.  My niece is worried her account will be suspenced as well because for part of last month it was on my sister's account. I don't think that will happen but I could be wrong. 

Also how much is it to reactivate accounts?  My sister said ATT is wanting $520 to turn the phones back on: Last month's bill, this months and $35 for each phone?  Does that sound right.  One of the phones on the account is a smartphone the rest are not.

Now my last question is this if she doesn't call and ask them to cancel the account will she continue to be charged each month for the phones has that been stopped?

Thank you for your time.  I have looked on the forums for answers and have not found any.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@dragon672 wrote:

Alright now this is not about my account but my sister's account.  My sister's account had 4 lines on it and my niece spilt off her phone and just received her first phone bill.  My sister has 3 phones on her account and she set up a payment arrangment for the payment to be taken out at the end of the month.  Instead the payment was taken out early and there was no money in the account.  So now my sister's account has been suspended. 

I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone knows the answers too; I've never had this issue so I don't know what the answers are.  My niece is worried her account will be suspenced as well because for part of last month it was on my sister's account. I don't think that will happen but I could be wrong. 

Also how much is it to reactivate accounts?  My sister said ATT is wanting $520 to turn the phones back on: Last month's bill, this months and $35 for each phone?  Does that sound right.  One of the phones on the account is a smartphone the rest are not.

Now my last question is this if she doesn't call and ask them to cancel the account will she continue to be charged each month for the phones has that been stopped?

Thank you for your time.  I have looked on the forums for answers and have not found any.

Visit Suspend and Reinstate. This will answer your questions.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

$35 per line. And yes, if ATT is stating $520, that means they are wanting the fee for fraud payment (no money in the account), and a deposit to hold, in case this happens again.  And yes she will be continued to be billed a monthly fee, until sixty days of non-payment, and then ATT will place the account into non-payment status and hand it over to their collections department, who can within 90 days from last payment, can hand it over to a third party collections.  It just keeps getting worst from there.

I would suggest that she settle this quickly, or it will continue to haunt her until paid in full.  Any time you give a company access to your banking/credit card/debit card info, they have the authorization to withdraw funds owed, due to you have authorized them to do so, by giving them the info.

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you I will tell her.  Especially that they may try to pull out the $520 out of her account.  It was their fault as they pulled it too early and they admitted it but they won't fix it.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Again, if you give a company your banking info, you are giving them authorization to withdraw funds. Time for someone to seek out a Dave Ramsey course in their area.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.