Need help understanding your bill?
Dante12's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 5th, 2016 1:04 AM

Question about pricing with AT&T Next

So I got the Lumia 950 through the next program last year, when it was $550, now its $300, I figured it would retroactivally lower my payment plan price, but it says I owe $350 still, when a brand new one cost $300. Is this a way to get my price lowered?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

No. It's like a car payment. If you finance a $30,000 car, it's not worth anywhere near $30,000 when you finish paying for it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Just wanted to make sure, new to fiancing phones

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

It isn't really financing in the same sense as a car loan.  It's a retail purchase agreement.  The closest thing to it is a layaway, only you get to take home the merchandise right away.   

If you don't like paying $600+ for a new phone, don't.   

Especially since carriers aren't getting many windows phones.  We don't have to buy phones from ATT.  Often waiting a few months for the price to drop works in the customers favor.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

There are no extra costs. A $649 dollar phone will be that price divided by 30. No interest, no extra costs other than sales tax.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@David606 wrote:

There are no extra costs. A $649 dollar phone will be that price divided by 30. No interest, no extra costs other than sales tax.

You do need to keep the line that you buy the Next phone on activated for the length of the payment plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.