For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
kruggel2004's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 23rd, 2010 3:10 AM

Question about minutes and rate change

I currently am enrolled in the 1400 minute family plan. I am considering switching to the 700 family plan but I'm confused on how ATT is figuring out my minutes used. They said for this month I have used 941 of my 1400 minutes but my account shows that I have used 328 night/weekends minutes and 593 mobile to mobile minutes. The night/weekends and mobile to mobile are suppposed to be unlimited so why are they being counted in my minutes?  B/c of that it makes my minutes go over 700 minutes but if they weren't counted, it would be safe for me to switch to the 700 minute plan?

Does this make any sense? I'm really confused.

Thanks for all your help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jflower_child wrote:

I too am confused by the wording and abbreviations on my wireless bill. Let me give you an example.

Home Usage: 128 Calls, 10/28/12 through 11/27/12

Free minutes used from 5000 N&W

Free Nwknd 229.0 min X 0.00

Free Combd 88.0 min. X 0.00

Free Combd 367.0 min X 0.00

Total Minutes 684.0

Free 3.0 min x 0.00

Total Minutes 3.0

Total Charges NTN450RUMM5KNW 0.00

So . .  if 'combd is short for 'combined', what is combined? And what, in general does all of this mean, other than I don't owe anything for Home Usage? In other words, I have Total of 684.0 minutes and a Total Minutes of 3.0. Huh?

The breakdown for Data Services is even more confusing.

Text Msg Pay Per Use

59 calls, 10/28/12 through 11/27/12

Billed Messages (MT) 22 msg X .20 = 4.40

Billed Messages (MO) 37 msg X .20 = 7.40

So . . . what does MT and MO mean?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

The term MO message (mobile-originated message) is a message that a subscriber sent from a mobile device into the ExactTarget system. Setting up your system to respond to MO messages is similar to setting up a triggered email: you create content and the system sends it out automatically whenever anyone triggers the message. In the case of SMS, people trigger the message by sending you a keyword in a MO message.

The term MT message (mobile-terminated message) refers to a message that goes out from the ExactTarget system and is received by the subscriber's mobile device. Setting up an MT message is similar to setting up a user-initiated email: you choose the content and select the subscribers, and send the message at the time you choose.

MO = ones you sent

MT = ones you recieved

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

14 years ago

Your night/weekend & mobile to mobile are reported but they do not go against your "anytime" minutes.

I am on the 550 minute family plan. My last bill shows 363 "anytime" minutes (the bill says rollover minutes) used and 1090 other shared minutes. A total of 1453 minutes. The shared minutes are the mobile to mobile and night/weekend.

You need to see how many "anytime" minutes you use each month and set your monthly plan accordingly.

It looks like (according to your statement) you used 941 peak minutes and 921 "unlimited" minutes which are recorded separately. You bill should say that you used 1862 total.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I too am confused by the wording and abbreviations on my wireless bill. Let me give you an example.

Home Usage: 128 Calls, 10/28/12 through 11/27/12

Free minutes used from 5000 N&W

Free Nwknd 229.0 min X 0.00

Free Combd 88.0 min. X 0.00

Free Combd 367.0 min X 0.00

Total Minutes 684.0

Free 3.0 min x 0.00

Total Minutes 3.0

Total Charges NTN450RUMM5KNW 0.00

So . .  if 'combd is short for 'combined', what is combined? And what, in general does all of this mean, other than I don't owe anything for Home Usage? In other words, I have Total of 684.0 minutes and a Total Minutes of 3.0. Huh?

The breakdown for Data Services is even more confusing.

Text Msg Pay Per Use

59 calls, 10/28/12 through 11/27/12

Billed Messages (MT) 22 msg X .20 = 4.40

Billed Messages (MO) 37 msg X .20 = 7.40

So . . . what does MT and MO mean?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks much for you quick reply as to MO and MT. Can you offer any insight to the first part of my question?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the words sms terminating and sms originating means thanks for the help.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@j five wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the words sms terminating and sms originating means thanks for the help.

going back years

sms terminate = sent to you aka recieved

sms originate = sent by you aka sent

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.