Need help understanding your bill?
AllenPhillips's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 10th, 2017 11:22 PM

Protection pack required in Connecticut?

We upgraded to an IPhone 7 and an iPad today at the AT&T store in North Haven Ct. When we got home, we noticed a monthly charge of about $12 for each device on the statement for a Protection Pack.  We returned to the store and the salesman and store manager told us that this was required by Connecticut state law, but that once you left the store you could have the charges removed. We had the charges removed, but honestly we are very skeptical of this explanation. 

Could this his be true? 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I guess it is possible but I'd be very skeptical too. Personally, I wouldn't believe that explanation without proof.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@AllenPhillips No. I don't believe it. 

Let's ask @lizdance40 who lives there...?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

I live in Connecticut, that's bull.   What,  you need insurance in case you walk into some one with your phone and hurt them?  Total nonsense.

Just understand you lose or break the phone you still have to pay for it.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

That's what we thought. Wish they had just said they made a mistake instead of compounding a problem with nonsense.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I asked the manager to specify the law. He said he's not a lawyer. Funny and sad.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

The store on Universal drive is a Company store too.  Send a snap of your bill to @ATTMobilityCare and tell then what you were told.  this wasn't the basic insurance.

BTW, you get bonus points for reading the bill.  Can't tell you how many don't. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hey Lizdance,

I've got that image of the bill, but I'm a bit confused where to send it.
Was @ATTMobilityCare a Twitter account.

Thanks
Al

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

It is not a twitter account. It is the forum private message address. Click the link and on the resulting page click "send a message"

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @AllenPhillips

Thank you for sharing your concern with us! You can also send a private message to me and I'll be happy to forward it to the right people. You can do that by clicking on this link: ATTDmitriyCM Private Message

Thanks,

Dmitriy / AT&T Community Management Team

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.