For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mekavi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 29th, 2017 11:54 PM

Prorated Charges / Returning to Verizon

I recently switch back to ATT from verizon a couple months ago, I saw a commercial stating about their new unlimited plus plan so I switch from 6gb to the unlimited plus plan and order a hotspot for an additional $20 dollars, i ask the rep will I be charged an additional fees for these changes, no madam, you will not be, I will back date the bill so you won't get any additional charge. Great Thank you sign me up. I got the new bill, I got $120 of proration charges plus a 45 activation fee. I'm calling customer service nobody wants to help me with the proration charges. The representative by the name of Angel was no help, just had me sitting on the phone listening to dead air, refusing to give his id#, I requested a manager he stated well mam he is just going to say the same thing I said. I had to literally begged to speak to a manager, so again I had another 10mins of him not saying anything before he transfer me, didn't want to give me the manage name or anything. I am just asking for help with these proration that I was promise I wouldn't be given. Manager Evan well mam the charges are solid even though the rep that you order the services lied to you to make a sale. Someone please help me!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Sorry the rep gave you bad information but how can you expect to change to a plan that costs more plus add another device and not expect to pay more? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I expected not to pay more because I specifically ask whether or not I would be charge additional fees, if I was given accurate information I would have change the plans at a later time and not get the new services that was recommended, I was a Verizon Customer for years and never experience such disregard for the truth

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Mekavi wrote:
I expected not to pay more because I specifically ask whether or not I would be charge additional fees, if I was given accurate information I would have change the plans at a later time and not get the new services that was recommended, I was a Verizon Customer for years and never experience such disregard for the truth

Paying more for a more expensive plan is not a FEE. It's the cost of the new plan.

If you want the unlimited plan for the whole period, instead of from this point on, it's going to cost more. Again, not a FEE. 

The $45 Activation FEE was a fee, if you call and ask super nicely you can sometimes/maybe get these taken care off (if you're complaining about the rest at the same time, they will not help).

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

The only way to avoid proration charges is to have the new plan take effect with the next bill period.

If you start immediate, or back date the new plan, you will get billed for last months increase, on this months bill.   

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

To be honest if you 3 Ace Experts had read her question carefully could had answered her better. She mentioned that she asked the agent if is there would be any additional charges for changing plan in the middle of billing cycle. The rep should have gave her the correct information. And as she is not complaining about the her monthly bill increasing because of the additional service. She is complaining about that one time prorated charge she end up paying because the agent gave her wrong information.  

And she is not the only one who got false played by AT&T, agents do it all the time and the only reason AT&T do not do any thing about it because all the money AT&T is making. This in simple words called hustling or would some have any other name in mind.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786   

Those were not her words, Quote:  "i ask the rep will I be charged an additional fees for these changes, "

The additional one time fee of $45 for activating a new device should have been mentioned.

@Gary L is correct, proration is not a fee, it is the cost of the plan.   If you change your plan this month, the increase for this month will be added to your bill along with the new plan cost for next month.  

Example.  Bill is $200 for old plan for May.  Bill produced for $200

bill for June is $200, plan increased $50 (total $250) and back dated. Bill produced for $200

Bill for July on new plan, cost $250, plus prorated charges, total $300 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

very good and detailed explanation I appreciate it. I though the reason for back dating was to avoid the prorate charges or is there some other reason.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.