Need help understanding your bill?
Kmiller72's profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 11:03 PM

Problem with Trade in credits

There was a promo for trade in iPhone 6 for an iphone 7 and get 650 in credits over two years. So I filled out the online form and did two iPhone 6's for two iphone 7's. I never heard anything so I found their web site to look up the valve and it said 145 for one iphone and 28.80 for the other and thats Crap! Both iphones were in perfect condition, no scratches or marks or cracks of any kind and they worked great still like new. So I can't figure what the deal is. I called them and they said that one had find my phone on which it did not! Then they had me talk to someone else and they said no find my phone isn't on its just not in what they call perfect shape which is also ridiculous. Then a third person told me no its fine but the phone is just locked, I told him that I reset it to factory and just says Hello and Hola and he said well your right it can't be locked then and to call back in a couple of days and maybe the warehouse will update the info. Att customer service told me to tell the att rebate center to send my phones back to me and they said they don't control that and can't and ask Att customer service to send the phones back to me. I just keep getting sent to different people and none have a clue with what's going on with my promo. I was true and honest and sent my phones to ATT and they are not being true and honest to me. I just couldn't believe that ATT would scam me! I have been a loyal customer since they bought out Cingular but now I just want my old phones back and to leave to any Company but this one!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

You just have to bug them to death. I either called or did the online chat every month Sept- April. They manually credited me when I called but some calls were long and I had to ask to talk to a manager. Also some reps were rude and misinformed so I learned to hang up on those and try back. AT&T must have some US call centers because I would often get a perfectly nice American agent I could understand. The foreign ones were usually rude, unwilling to help and difficult so I hung up on them and called back. I also made notes of names and what they promised me so I could report back the next time I called. Finally the credit started coming on its own a few months ago. It has been much more difficult than it should have been and I know plenty of people would likely give up. Maybe that's what AT&T wants but they are losing customers along the way. You shouldn't have to fight for something you were promised.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Blangefels wrote:
You just have to bug them to death. I either called or did the online chat every month Sept- April. They manually credited me when I called but some calls were long and I had to ask to talk to a manager. Also some reps were rude and misinformed so I learned to hang up on those and try back. AT&T must have some US call centers because I would often get a perfectly nice American agent I could understand. The foreign ones were usually rude, unwilling to help and difficult so I hung up on them and called back. I also made notes of names and what they promised me so I could report back the next time I called. Finally the credit started coming on its own a few months ago. It has been much more difficult than it should have been and I know plenty of people would likely give up. Maybe that's what AT&T wants but they are losing customers along the way. You shouldn't have to fight for something you were promised.

@Blangefels

Back in post  18 I recommended writing @ATTMobilityCare and also two different departments at the trade in site.

• Did you ever contact any of the three?
  • Did you hear back from any of the three?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

ATT Wireless Account - Samsung Galaxy 8.  $200 Debit Card for Trade in not provided!  Back in July, 2017 I received a notification on my online AT&T account advising I was eligible for a trade-in and I could receive $200. for my old phone if it was in good condition.  I purchased a new phone and followed the instructions and returned my phone to AT&T and awaiting my $200. debit card.  I still have not received it.

I began making calls and chatting online in September, I was advised the credit would show on my October statement.  In October I was advised I would not received a credit on my account, but would be mailed a debit card within 3-4 days.  In November, I was advised the debit card would be mailed and a $20. credit would be applied to my monthly statement.  In December, a customer service rep kept me on the phone for 45 minutes completing information on a computer.. sounded confident.. no resolution. 

I was given phone numbers to call, talked with several people who continually connected me to others.  On Tuesday, 01/09 I was transferred to the Customer Service Loyalty program and spoke to someone for 45 minutes,  They confirmed my phone was returned, their computer system had incorrect info and someone would call me in 24-72 hours to finalize/confirm info and send me the $200 debit card ....no one called within the 72 hours!

Extremely frustrated and going to the Attorney General.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

So what to do, we have been having same problem since Nov 2017 and no one knows and customer service sucked.

We switched from Verizon to at&t too and traded in iPhone as well which is practically brand new as well.

We just want to know what happened and why didn't we receive the full amount.

Too much of a hassle if things like this go on what's the point of having them.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@L.E_8705

You didn’t meet the requirements as you switched from prepaid to prepaid.  

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account/Help-December-2017-trade-in/m-p/5547988#M274902

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The sad thing is that no matter what you do or talk to - they'll just lie to you about the condition of your phone OR give you the runaround that they'll have someone get back to you...and of course, they never do.

I will never trade in another phone to them through the mail - I will go to a retail shop and have them handle it....I have learned my lesson.  If the phone isn't worth much to them, I can always sell it for more money to someone.  

Good luck

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.