For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Kmiller72's profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 11:03 PM

Problem with Trade in credits

There was a promo for trade in iPhone 6 for an iphone 7 and get 650 in credits over two years. So I filled out the online form and did two iPhone 6's for two iphone 7's. I never heard anything so I found their web site to look up the valve and it said 145 for one iphone and 28.80 for the other and thats Crap! Both iphones were in perfect condition, no scratches or marks or cracks of any kind and they worked great still like new. So I can't figure what the deal is. I called them and they said that one had find my phone on which it did not! Then they had me talk to someone else and they said no find my phone isn't on its just not in what they call perfect shape which is also ridiculous. Then a third person told me no its fine but the phone is just locked, I told him that I reset it to factory and just says Hello and Hola and he said well your right it can't be locked then and to call back in a couple of days and maybe the warehouse will update the info. Att customer service told me to tell the att rebate center to send my phones back to me and they said they don't control that and can't and ask Att customer service to send the phones back to me. I just keep getting sent to different people and none have a clue with what's going on with my promo. I was true and honest and sent my phones to ATT and they are not being true and honest to me. I just couldn't believe that ATT would scam me! I have been a loyal customer since they bought out Cingular but now I just want my old phones back and to leave to any Company but this one!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@doebag wrote:

I have the same issues trade in my iphone 6 for the 7 i have waited 4 months no credits i have called them 4 times and have been to my store they say they are working on it but im getting no where . any suggestions

A few questions before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

1. What model iPhone did you trade in?

2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically on what date? (or order date)

3. You turned off Find My iPhone?

4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?

5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 

6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?

7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail? 

8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?

10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?

11. What condition was the turned in iPhone?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I too have been completely given the run around for 3 months now. I turned in 2 phones for the promo, one was only a week old.

ATT has kept my phones and no rebate. Stealing 1300 dollars from me. I followed ATTs instructions explicitly. 

The phone calls to them are ridiculous as each time they try to blame me for it, but I have confirmation they received my phones.

I am thinking its time to start posting on Facebook and twitter how heinous that ATT is.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@mav545 wrote:

I too have been completely given the run around for 3 months now. I turned in 2 phones for the promo, one was only a week old.

ATT has kept my phones and no rebate. Stealing 1300 dollars from me. I followed ATTs instructions explicitly. 

Please answer the above questions (mostly yes/no/date) and we might be able to provde some insight...?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

I've had to call and call every month to get my credits and it they keep promising me this will be fixed. But it never is. I traded my iPhone 6 in for a iPhone 7 in September 2016 and was told I would get a $650 credit. This month there is no credit. I was promised it would be resolved by tomorrow 3/20. Call me a skeptic but I'm preparing myself for another fight. I've been a loyal customer since Cingular days. And this is how they treat me? When this phone is paid, unless they do something to turn this mess around, I'm done with AT&T!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Blangefels 

A few questions before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

(Yes/No/Date works for most answers)

1. What model iPhone did you trade in? iPhone 6

3. You turned off Find My iPhone?

4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?

5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 

6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?

7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail? 

8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?

10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?

11. What condition was the turned in iPhone?

I recommend hitting REPLY/QUOTE, then hit QUOTE and typing the SHORT answers next to the question in ALL CAPS or bold.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

What model iPhone did you trade in? iPhone 6

9/20/16

3. You turned off Find My iPhone? Yes

4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off? Yes

5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? Yes

6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased? No

7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail? Store

8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?9/23/16

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in? Yes

10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone? Yes

11. What condition was the turned in iPhone? Excellent

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Blangefels Everything looks good. Send a message to @ATTMobilityCare and nicely explain to them that you need to know what's going on with the phone.

I've also gotten responses from https://tradein.att.com/#/request-help in regards to this same trade-in.

• Status of my Trade-in submission
  • Questions about an AT&T promotion

Good luck, I did the same promo and it makes me smile every time I see my $27.09 credit on my account!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I did everything to the letter
And att has kept my phones and my money

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Lucky you
I've called 9x and still no satisfaction
Seriously considering taking the fall cutting my losses and switching to Verizon solely on principal

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I participated in this same offer back in September and traded my IPhone 64gb for new iPhone 7. I received this email on September 26 2016 after I shipped my old phone back to them.

Dear,

Thank you for returning your IPHONE 6 64GB GRY for XXX XXX XXXX. It's in good working condition, so there's nothing else for you to do!

Managing your account is easy - just visit att.com/myatt or download the myAT&T app today.

We appreciate your business.

I still haven't recieved any credit to my account and my other phone was completely paid off. When I call AT&T about it the operator sounds clueless and I was transferred three times before just hanging up on them.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.