Need help understanding your bill?
Kmiller72's profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 11:03 PM

Problem with Trade in credits

There was a promo for trade in iPhone 6 for an iphone 7 and get 650 in credits over two years. So I filled out the online form and did two iPhone 6's for two iphone 7's. I never heard anything so I found their web site to look up the valve and it said 145 for one iphone and 28.80 for the other and thats Crap! Both iphones were in perfect condition, no scratches or marks or cracks of any kind and they worked great still like new. So I can't figure what the deal is. I called them and they said that one had find my phone on which it did not! Then they had me talk to someone else and they said no find my phone isn't on its just not in what they call perfect shape which is also ridiculous. Then a third person told me no its fine but the phone is just locked, I told him that I reset it to factory and just says Hello and Hola and he said well your right it can't be locked then and to call back in a couple of days and maybe the warehouse will update the info. Att customer service told me to tell the att rebate center to send my phones back to me and they said they don't control that and can't and ask Att customer service to send the phones back to me. I just keep getting sent to different people and none have a clue with what's going on with my promo. I was true and honest and sent my phones to ATT and they are not being true and honest to me. I just couldn't believe that ATT would scam me! I have been a loyal customer since they bought out Cingular but now I just want my old phones back and to leave to any Company but this one!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

I got a phone call from a very nice gentleman at ATT who has more excess to see what was going on with my trade in's and I was told he looked into both trade in's and everything's good and I would get my 650 credit on both in 2 to 3 months and if anything goes wrong that I could call him back on his extension and he would correct it if everything went wrong. Thank you so much for all your help with this.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

I was in the same boat. I traded 3 phones. Two of them said $145 and one said $55. I was concerned with the $55 and called them and they said lcd problem/ dead pixels. A rep from these forums called me to look at my case since NONE of customer service could help. Absolutely rediculous and I exactly understand your frustration. The ATT fourms guy looked in my case and told me to send the pictures I had, so I did and 1 day later, after his boss contacted from higher people...the att rep said they have processed that I will get my credits. We will have to see in 2-3 months now. I just do not know at this point. Will update later. 

You got the persons extension?? how did you manage to do that, I couldnt since its ATT and they dont have call back extensions. 

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

When I left my comment on here someone from AT&T contacted me and looked into my case. He said everything is fine now and left me his ext if anything went wrong. Has anyone contacted you yet? Ask for their ext in case anything goes wrong because we won't know until the credits round in in 2 to 3 months.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My trade in value for iphone 6 plus also shows $190 and the phone is in excellent condition. It's concerning that there is no proof of actual $650 till the credits start showing up 2-3 months later. I'm about to send my wife's iphone 6 as well and not sure if I should. Would be very dissapointed in the end if we don't get the 650 credit for both.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

I'm in the same boat, hopefully an ATT professional will contact you since you left this question. Try to get some kind of email from them saying your all good for the 650 credit. They told me over the phone everything is good but I feel like in 2 to 3 months I might also need some kind of written proof that everything is fine with 650 credits on my two phones.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

I just checked my online account and MY CREDITS ARE THERE!!!!!!! 21.67 x 2

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

How do I get help?  I have the same issue?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Re: Probiem with trade in credits                                                                                                                                           It has been more than three months for me. I am still not seeing any credits whatsoever!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same issues trade in my iphone 6 for the 7 i have waited 4 months no credits i have called them 4 times and have been to my store they say they are working on it but im getting no where . any suggestions

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.