Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Price increased $5 effective 10 May 19 without advance notice

Scholar

Price increased $5 effective 10 May 19 without advance notice

My Unlimited Choice plan was changed to an Unlimited Choice II plan without informing me in advance. After calling AT&T I was told this was due to a change in service speed, but my statement still shows that I get the same 4G LTE WITH VVM service as under the old plan and nowhere can I find anything about going to a faster speed. As I understand it, only when 5G is launched will the speed increase from 4G's 1 Gb/s speed to 5G's approx. 20 Gb/s. Can anyone tell me what is this "faster speed" for which we're now being charged an extra $5/month? Is it: 5 Gb/s, 10 Gb/s, etc?

Message 1 of 19
ACE - Expert

Re: Price increased $5 effective 10 May 19 without advance notice

@Engrpas, employees are taught to commiserate with customers and make sure they are happy at the end of the call. Unfortunately, that can lead to sugarcoating, half-truths, omissions, and lies. 

We don't have to care about people being happy, so we can tell it like it is. Sometimes people don’t want to hear it, but at least the facts are out there for those willing to accept them. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19
ACE - Expert

@Engrpas My combative attitude? Please pay attention to who you are responding to. I have not and do not get combative, except maybe in defending myself when being wrongly accused. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 19
ACE - Expert

@Engrpas wrote:

\As for the $29, my ATT bill is $79 - the $5 increase was actually $9 on my bill - while the T-Mobile plan is $50, all taxes and fees included. Well, it’s not exactly the same - my new plan is for people 55 years of age and up, but from the technical aspects it’s the same, and ATT doesn’t have a plan for old folks like me. 

That Magenta Unlimited 55 is a nice plan for $50,  Netflix, 20GB hotspot, 50GB deprioritization, GoGo inflight WiFi, international roaming (a bit limited but free!).

It costs more than what I'm paying per line on AT&T but I'd switch IF they had the same coverage as AT&T (for the places I frequent) as I really like those bonuses.

Hopefully, you'll get great coverage where you need it!

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 18 of 19
Scholar

engrpas, keep an eye on your account and maybe lock it down as T-Mobile has the highest rate of successful "SIM swap" attacks. This is due to T-Mobile not verifying that the person requesting a SIM swap is the real owner of the account in question.

Message 19 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support