Need help understanding your bill?
Copperhed's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018 2:09 AM

Previous AT&T Next installment plan still billing me!

Located in USA, post-paid wireless.

I have talked to so many AT&T reps, been "transferred" (ie- hung up on), I am very frustrated.  It doesn't get fixed.

I did an At&t Next trade-in online and sent in my trade-in, received email saying it was received and nothing else I needed to do.  This was in early November 2017. The phone I picked was a flip phone that did not offer an installment plan, only could pay total price which I did. 

At&t confirms all this when I call and it sounds like a system glitch according to several reps.  The problem is no one will fix it. They have my trade-in, I got another phone via their online next upgrade (trade-in) process, everything is completed but I am still being billed for the phone I traded in!  How do I get this fixed?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Oh, that is NOT the way the upgrade with Next works.  You have to upgrade with a new installment plan.  You NEVER should have sent your phone in. Who processed this purchase?

You need to have your phone sent back to you.  Contact ATT here @ATTCares and see if they can return the phone.  

You do NOT have the option to return a phone on installments and just stop paying. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I did this online through my account.  I selected a line for trade-in and then selected the phone which it said I had to pay for up front which I did.  It was processed as a trade in and I was sent the return label and instructions like all the other times I have done it.  If that is not how it works then the At&t site did something wrong.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I think it did.  I sent a link and message to Support, I’m going to suggest you Co tact them by private message by clicking here @ATTCares and provide your information to support privately so they can look at the problem.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Well I have sent a private message 5 days ago and all I have heard is crickets....  Now what?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Not unusual.  The response time, especially with holidays, is at least a week.  It’s not speedy, but that is the advanced Support team.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.