Need help understanding your bill?
Jvaguy's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 6:57 PM

Prepay On Contract

Heres one you dont hear much I would think...

Its going to be time again to renew my contract and im thinking about doing it,. I have third party blocks and things so my bill is pretty close to the same every month. I do understand taxes and certain fees do change regularly, but while being under contract can I "prepay" a certain amount of money to my account? I guess you could say "make my own cedits" toward my future bills. Im not interested in prepay service itself.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

We do not offer a prepay service like the one you're describing but there are autopay options that might help. 

Here's an article that reviews a bunch of different payment options. Maybe one of those will fit the bill - http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB403228&cv=820&br=BR&ct=9003583&pv=3#fbid=Z6SDS7kpLnk

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@Jvaguy wrote:

Heres one you dont hear much I would think...

Its going to be time again to renew my contract and im thinking about doing it,. I have third party blocks and things so my bill is pretty close to the same every month. I do understand taxes and certain fees do change regularly, but while being under contract can I "prepay" a certain amount of money to my account? I guess you could say "make my own cedits" toward my future bills. Im not interested in prepay service itself.

Why would you want to do that? Invest that money, even in a low-interest savings account and you will earn some money back. At the very least, you would have access to the funds should an emergency arise.

What you are proposing is basically giving AT&T a no-interest loan. You are the only loser in that scenario.

I agree with Jamileh, if you don't want to have to pay attention to your bill every month, autopay is the way to go.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.