For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Maeyeshin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 5th, 2017 2:47 PM

Prepaid phone holding for 4months

I had talked to an agent in person about my travel out of the country. I will not be using US phone for 4months. What the agent suggested to me was not paying for the 4 months because it will still hold my number for 4monts and if I start paying it after 4 months it will start the plan and will be able to use. So I disconnected auto pay. However, AT&T withdrawn money from my account. How could I stop this payment and still be able to hold my number for 4months later.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

If you turn off auto pay for 4 months, your account and number are canceled.  

BUT???

If you change to a pay per use plan $2 or 25 cent, and refill with $25 the account will be available when you return in 4 months but will have a $0 balance. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What do you mean by paying 25 dollars and 2dollars of 25cents per use? What kind of plan is that? Currently I cannot be on the phone with Us number that I want to keep. So would you( AT&T agent I am assuming) be able to change the plan for me from Oct?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

we are not at&t merely customers like you and we cant change anything for you we can only suggest remedies

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Maeyeshin

It has to do with the expiration of a refill.  On monthly plan $30, 35, 45 or 65 plans they expire in 30 days.  Without a refill the account is canceled in 60 days.

On pay per use plans, $2 per day or 25 cent per minute a $10 refil last 30 days, $25 lasts 90 days, $100 lasts 365 days.  (See below)

No we can’t change your plan, we are customers (ergo COMMUNITY forum).  You have to change your plan before you leave the USA.  If you left and didn’t, you got a problem.  You will have to contact support by message here @ATTCares

Payment and Cancellation. You must make a payment to your account within 26 days of activation, or your account will be canceled. AT&T PREPAID cards and other account payments are nontransferable and nonrefundable. The *888* command for payment only works with PINS/Cards purchased from AT&T-owned retail stores and select authorized retail locations and may not work on all device types. Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated payment denomination expiration period ($10-$24 payments expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 in 90 days, $100 or more in 365 days). Unused account balance forfeited upon expiration. If you are on a monthly plan, the applicable plan charge for each renewal period will automatically be deducted from your account balance at the end of the day (11:59pm Central Time) on your plan's payment due date. Applicable plan charge for any AT&T PREPAID plan is not refundable and not exchangeable, and any unused services of your plan are forfeited if you change to another plan during your plan's period. If your account balance is insufficient to pay the applicable plan charge, you will not be able to use your plan services, data services, or any pay-per-use services until you make a payment to your AT&T PREPAID account with the applicable amount or your plan is renewed. AT&T PREPAID accounts for phone plans, except Emergency Phone, will be canceled 60 days after expiration. AT&T PREPAID accounts for data plans and Emergency Phone will be canceled 365 days after expiration. A new wireless phone number is required to reactivate service once account is canceled. Account balance limit is $500.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.