Need help understanding your bill?
bmacthetank's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 14th, 2018 11:14 PM

Closed

Prepaid Plan Upgrade Balance

I recently paid my bill on 6/6 with for 6gb/$45 ($40 with autopay). I noticed that the 8gb plan was also $40 with autopay, so of course I upgraded on 6/13. I couldn't upgrade without paying the full $50 plus fees and taxes. I did on 6/14. Now when I check my account it says next bill date is 7/13 for $40(autopay). My question is, am I going to be credited some for the difference between my payment on 6/6 and 6/14 or did I just throw money away?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, you won’t be credited any of the unused days from your old plan. What you did was change from an old plan to a new plan and any time you change your plan, your old plan terminates and you lose any remaining days. You should have waited until your old plan was just about to renew before making the change.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So is there a disclaimer anywhere that I missed or are you just not informed of that? Thanks for the quick response!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@bmacthetank wrote:

My question is, am I going to be credited some for the difference between my payment on 6/6 and 6/14 or did I just throw money away?

Sorry, you threw it away.

So is there a disclaimer anywhere that I missed 

You are pre-paying for a month with no refunds. This is one of the disadvantages of prepaid.

If you choose to change it to another monthly plan you're just getting a new plan starting on that date. 

Not sure if there is a disclaimer other than "No refunds".

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

It’s in the prepaid wireless terms and conditions. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Fair enough. Lesson learned.Thanks for your help!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject, and a great solution!