Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 7, 2012
3:55:21 PM
View profile
Porting numbers.

Will porting 1 of 3 of my family plan numbers change the family plan at all? I know I will be paying 10 dollars less but what about the data/minutes. Will I be able to get a new number in the future with unlimited data or will that end when I take off the number?

Will porting 1 of 3 of my family plan numbers change the family plan at all? I know I will be paying 10 dollars less but what about the data/minutes. Will I be able to get a new number in the future with unlimited data or will that end when I take off the number?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 8, 2012 5:15:21 PM
(0)
Master

dirtbikeguy wrote:
So the account my name and NOT the number? I want to be able to get a phone in the future and since I have 2 phones with Unlimited data does that mean I can get a new line on the same family plan with it too?

you can add a new line to the plan but you will not be able to get unlimited data. You get to choose from the then currently available data plans.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Accepted Solution

Porting numbers.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 7, 2012 7:47:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It does not affect the family plan at all. Everything stays as it is, minutes, data, texting, unless you change it.
Once you take unlimited data off your account, it cannot be added again. Unlimited data is no longer offered.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
It does not affect the family plan at all. Everything stays as it is, minutes, data, texting, unless you change it.
Once you take unlimited data off your account, it cannot be added again. Unlimited data is no longer offered.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Porting numbers.

2 of 4 (4,282 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2012 2:00:12 PM
(0)
Contributor
So the account my name and NOT the number? I want to be able to get a phone in the future and since I have 2 phones with Unlimited data does that mean I can get a new line on the same family plan with it too?

3 of 4 (4,259 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 8, 2012 5:15:21 PM
(0)
Master

dirtbikeguy wrote:

you can add a new line to the plan but you will not be able to get unlimited data. You get to choose from the then currently available data plans.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:

dirtbikeguy wrote:

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 4 (4,249 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments