Porting Number Without Buying New Phone

Contributor

Porting Number Without Buying New Phone

I'm currently an AT&T customer, but my wife is on Verizon. I want to add her to my account and port her number over. I already have a phone for her, so I wouldn't need to buy a new phone, I'd just need a sim card. How would I go about doing this, and what fees would be involved? Does the $36 activation fee apply even if I'm not buying a new phone?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Community Manager

Re: Porting Number Without Buying New Phone

You can do this, but since you need a SIM card; I recommend heading to an AT&T store to complete the port. You can either create a Family Plan or a Mobile Share Plan, depending on your needs. 

The activation fee is for activating new service and isn't device related so unless it's waived (perhaps you have a corporate discount) you'll see that charge. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support