Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Phone buyback

Contributor

Phone buyback

I have never received credit for my old iPhone 6 that AT&T bought back from me. I have called 2x and chatted 2x with representatives. I’ve also visited a store. It is frustrating me so much I may switch to Verizon. 

Message 1 of 3
Associated Member

Re: Phone buyback

Need more information

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Phone buyback

I bought a new iPhone 8+ from AT&T last year. I was told to send my old phone in to at&t which I did with the box and label provided. I didn’t hear anything for sometime and so I started reaching out to them. First I was told I needed to go to a store. Later I was told by another customer service person that my phone was returned and that my account showed an $80 credit not the $200 I was originally told I would get back. I was transferred to accounting and after a long wait I was cutoff.
I visited an AT&T store in November and they said they couldn’t help me other than calling customer service again, which they did. I was again disconnected after waiting about 45 minutes.
At this point all I want is my account credited or my iPhone 6 back so that I can sell it myself.
My son traded his into Verizon and immediately received a confirmation email from them that they received it and his $ for the phone.
AT&T has shown terrible customer service through this process. I use AT&T because they are an union company and supposed to be a good employer even though Verizon has better reception in Iowa than AT&T.
What can I do to get my credit without hanging on the phone again for an absurd amount of time?
Thank you,
Patrick O’Neill
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support