Need help understanding your bill?
cms5's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 2nd, 2014 6:45 PM

Personal Account Information via e-mail

I have been receiving e-mails that obviously belong to someone else for the last few years. These e-mails contain personal account information. I don't know this individual at all...we live on opposite coasts.

I have called AT&T and was told I couldn't do anything since I wasn't the account holder. (It's MY e-mail address you're sending this information to!) I even called the actual account holder and left a message...yet I continue to receive data usage and billing e-mails.

Will I ever use AT&T? No way...not when I see how careless they are with Personal Information.

What are they doing with your personal information?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, cms5!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you've been receiving these emails! We definitely value our customers' privacy, so please click here to send us a private message so we can get this taken care of.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Interesting. In order to remove an e-mail address that does not belong to a customer of yours...you need personal information from me?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@cms5 wrote:

Interesting. In order to remove an e-mail address that does not belong to a customer of yours...you need personal information from me?

How else would you propose they contact you and solve this problem, if they don't have your name, phone number, and the email address in question?

I wouldn't classify any of that as personal information.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

@cms5 wrote:

How else would you propose they contact you and solve this problem, if they don't have your name, phone number, and the email address in question?

I wouldn't classify any of that as personal information.

I provided all of that information when I registered here.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @cms5 

A private message in Mariana's link goes to the team that can help with account specific issues, but they need to be contacted via that link because they won't see your public post here. Thank you for trying to resolve this issue for one of our customers!

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.