Need help understanding your bill?
Smp4437's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 7:16 AM

Payment arrangement issues

I need to speak to a manager/supervisor regarding my account. Ive spoken to agent after agent and no one can help. My service is about to be suspended. I just keep hearing nothing we can do because the system.

Im frustrated, been a customer for years but seriously thinking about switching carriers

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

The late payment arrangements must be made in your My ATT Account BEFORE your due date.  Reps can talk you through the process but are NOT ALLOWED to do it for you.  

Once your due date passes, no one can help you.  The system is fully automated and cannot be overridden by Support.  

Your only option to prevent suspension is pay the amount due before it happens.  

Past abuse of the late payment arrangements caused ATT to take away the option to override 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

RallyRoy

I need to make a payment arrangement for a late payment.  My account is due to be suspended on December 26, 2017.  I will be making a payment of $105.52 on December 28, 2017 over the phone from my pension check.

Could you help me please?   Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@RallyRoy  Did you read the post and solution?   You must login to the My ATT app or online account.  If you are already overdue you are too late.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I made an arrangement for 12/29/17.  But I won't be able to make the payment until 1/3/18. I need to have my phone for community corrections.  It says I can edit my payment but doesn't change the date past 12/31/17.  It won't go to January 2018 to make an arrangement in a week

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Krsii1978

Read the thread.  If you are already late, your options to change payments would be limited if allowed at all.  Once you make a promise to pay, you have to pay as promised.  If you don’t pay as agreed ATT will suspend service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

No .  I still haven't had my particular question answered.   I tried to split a payment, which I have done once before.  Your email said there were two payments for the same amount. and I couldn't cancel .  So you are going to try and process two draws for the same amount?  That will put my bank account overdrawn and I won't allow that.  What do I do?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@athomron  You haven’t posted on the forum before.   The late system is automated and can’t be overridden by Support. If you can’t pay, you will be suspended.  Sorry, there aren’t any options. 

Be aware you are NOT addressing ATT.  The forum is primarily other customers. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am having a hard time paying my 140. 00 and I talk to chat last night and they were trying to help they gave me a number to call this morning and said att in the finace department would help me I call twice they give me the run around and say they can`t help me and tell me I need to pay 140.00 by may 14 I know att could give me until may 18 if they wanted to I am willing to pay 50 $ today I know a lot of customers are still paying off there 3 month bill but that's not my case iam struggling so bad I have a disable husband at home and I am the only one supporting the family along with my 3 boys he has been fighting s.s for 2 years I just don`t understand why I can`t get a break I bearly can feed my 3 boys but I use the phone for school doctors and my family and our lawyer is there any way att can give me a break and please give me a long time to pay atleast until may 18 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@susan45

Did you you read the thread?

You CANNOT call.  Support is not allowed to make payment arrangements for you.  

You MUST login to your My ATT account, select billing and payment options.  You can make late arrangements in the My ATT app.  

Here is a video on how...

https://www.att.com/global-search/search?q=how+do+i+make+a+late+payment&autoSuggest=true&%3Acq_csrf_token=undefined

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I have a payment arrangement set for tomorrow, I called and asked if they could move it til the 26th. I also have one set for Saturday the 28th, which I don't have a problem paying. I have been a customer for over 6 years or more. The payment can't be moved or cancelled apparently. I 'm asking for 2 more days that's it. I have one line about to be paid off and will not renew that line. Matter of fact,  I'm going to get that line removed and take it to another carrier. As another person stated, they have the right to move dates if they wanted too. You can't tell me that a company like this doesn't have the ability to move payments. They are just full of it. I was just diagnosed with a tumor in my brain and be dealing with several medical issues and need my phone to stay on, but they didn't want to work with me. There not the only ones out here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.